We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic

I'm not sure if this is the site for questions but anybody tell me if my wife can get good cosmetics in phuket thank you for the replies on drivers this site is so good for info cheers

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosmetic

If you search the forum for threads on cosmetics, you will find out that authentic international branded cosmetic products are no cheaper in Thailand than abroad. For example, MAC has in Thailand a limited number of outlets located in department stores. Cheap 'MAC' cosmetics are also available elsewhere, but you see forum members telling that these products are obviously fake.

So what will your wife consider to be good cosmetic products - some obscure local brand that TA member vouches for, fakes from some particular shop (who knows what they actually contain the next time around) or authentic products at prices not really different from back home?

Note that "skin whitening" is a big selling point in Thailand so almost all cosmetic products at least claim to be "whitening" which may not be what you want. My wife is still peeved with the whitening body wash that she bought since she actually prefers to look tanned.

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Cosmetic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 06:16