We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling - Karon Beach

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling - Karon Beach

Hi All,

Is there any reasonable snorkelling off the beach at Karon and if so where?

On a calm day are there options suitable for small kids?

Are there any other family options nearby?

Thanks!

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling - Karon Beach

You have very nice snorkeling at the south end of the Karon Beach, I been lucky and seen small reef sharks there :-)

Phuket Scuba Club have one of their shops (a small shop with blue roof next to the Ruam Thep in restaurant) on the beach at south end, from them you can rent snorkeling gear and get some good advise :-)

Or...why not try scuba diving for a day, its fun, its exiting and its easy!

(can be addicted though...:-) )

Other family options .... Mini golf at Dino Park is a nice way to spend the evening, (the mini golf is build as Jurassic Park, kids love that) or surf house on Kata Beach,(depending on kids age.. )

Happy Holiday!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling - Karon Beach

Between November and April snorkeling at the south end is possible, other times of year not.

Waterford, Ireland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling - Karon Beach

Hi have a look on you tube for the beach in Karon surf looks very rough.Going myself in August 2014.I have been to Patong before in August and only one bad day with a huge rip.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 12:28
4. Re: Snorkelling - Karon Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 05:17