We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

Hi, thinking of Karon Beach but wondered if anyone could recommend a hotel in the best place for someone who has walking difficulties. Must be 4 star hotel at least though. Thanks

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

If the walking difficulties includes on the flat - you should look in the centre of Karon (or close to) that will give you easy access to all the wonderful restaurants, massages, etc places like Bamboo House, Centara, etc. If they are up to a stroll the Old Phuket Hotel is wonderful, they are in a good location with some excellent restaurants outside the hotel, massage places, tours, minimart, etc. It's only a short stroll to the Karon Beach Markets and about a 5 minute walk to Karon Circle. Also close by are Movenpick and Woraburi.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

Movenpick is relatively flat and centrally located. They have courtesy golf buggy's to drive you around the resort and up/down the long driveway, at your request.

Cheers

Edited: 10 October 2013, 23:43
Surrey Hills...
Level Contributor
19 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

Hi

We have just spent 10 nights at Centara Karon Beach Resort. (4 star) I too, have some difficulty with my hips and was horrified to find that we were on the 3rd floor with no lifts!!! I asked to be moved and they were very accomodating and found us a ground floor interconnecting room. Even though this resort is relatively flat, much of Phuket is not and you will have to negotiate steps or hills everywhere. The resort has a little buggy which you can ask to take you to and from your room. We were really happy there.

Loulou17

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,563 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

The Le-Meridien has some special access rooms located on the ground floor. The hotel has ramps everywhere so its easy even for someone with a wheelchair.

The Le Meridien is betwen Patong and Karon and has its own beach front and its relatively flat) and is a nice hotel.

Shuttles to Patong cost 100B one way I think.

England
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

thanks everyone. We will also be with our 16 year old son so which hotel do you think out of those mentioned would be more suitable for him also. He just requires maybe a few daytime pool activities and some other kids his age to be there aswell. Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,563 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

Le Meridien has their own beach, had a archery range, has a golf driving mini driving range. It also has its on premise dive operator. Still my choice.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

Recommend Hilton Arcadia Karon beach.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

I would go with Centara or Old Phuket. Centara usually gets good wraps from families and kids but if you're going during school holidays your 16 yr old won't have any problems meeting others at the Old Phuket either.

9. Re: Which hotel is best for someone with walking difficulties

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:17