We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O tool 's irish bar . Karon.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
O tool 's irish bar . Karon.

Has anyone stayed here. We are mature couple and finding it hard to get budget accom. How far is karon from khao lak. Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,318 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: O tool 's irish bar . Karon.

Karon is in Phuket. Koh lak is about a 3 hour bus ride.

Edited: 23 October 2013, 19:52
los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: O tool 's irish bar . Karon.

Sorry not stayed at O Tooles Irish Bar. But regarding how far Khao Lak is. It depends wher in Khao Lay you want to go. If you travel from Phuket Airport to Ban La on/ Nang Thong, it is about 1 hour 15 mins. If you look on TripAdvisor at The Khao Lak Forum there is information about getting to Khao Lak. We use Boss Cheaper than Hotel Taxis. I have booked him to pick us up at Phuket Airport in the middle of November to Take us to Bang Niang in Khao Lak the cost is 1000bht for a car for two people. He will also take you back to Phuket, price varies depending on where you want to go on Phuket. There is a price list on The Khao Lak Forum.

Regarding Budget accomadation, We travel High Season ussually for a month, so we need to keep the room prices down. I always book with Agoda, they have rooms on their Website in all price ranges, budget to 5 Star. When you book you have to pay for the rooms by credit or debit card. Check the booking condition for ech hotel some can be cancelled at no cost others are non refundable.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: O tool 's irish bar . Karon.

I've stayed at Angus O'Tools last February, 2013. The rooms were huge and so was the bathroom that was "divided" in 3 parts: wc, wash bin and shower. My room was at the 4th floor (no elevator), no problem for me but maybe for others? Rooms were cleaned every day and there is safety box in room. You will have to leave your fingerprint (thumb) as that is your entry card when there is no staff in the bar downstairs at night and in the early morning. It is in the middle of the party district of Karon, so it might be a little bit noisy. The beach is just 5 mins walk away. I paid 1200 baht/night. I liked Angus but I've decided to try Karon Sunshine next time for a change of pace.

The only thing I didn't like about Angus O'Tools is that the cleaning team opened up all rooms at the same floor at the same time while no one was inside the rooms. I could easily just walked in to my "neighbour" and picked anything that wasn't hidden or in the safety box. The cleaning staff were somewhere else, they just left it open during day time. Strange.

After my stay at Angus I moved to Khao Lak and Mr Boss picked me up and delivered me safe for 1700 baht. Good driver and and an nice man, I will use him again next February.

4. Re: O tool 's irish bar . Karon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:21