We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket - 12 days

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket - 12 days

My husband and I are planning a trip to Phuket in April 2014 and I have several questions.

Would 12 days be too long at Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach? We are thinking to use the hotel as a base and do all our tours from there?

Is it worth booking a Plunge Pool Villa for a romantic and relaxing experience?

Do they replenish the minibar daily? Is the minibar included or additional fee?

How far is it from the beach and is the beach any good?

Is it very noisy in the area?

Best rooms / area at the hotel?

Any other feedback would be much appreciated.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket - 12 days

The best rooms are located in the 'residence' section of the Moevenpick.

The resort is across the road from the beach. Karon has some activity/action but nowhere near on the scale of Patong or even Kata for that matter.

Minibar is not included (unless stated in your room rate). There are several minimarts in the area where you can stock up on your bar items at 1/3rd of the price. There are also plenty of good restaurants within walking distance of the Moevenpick. I think it's a very good choice.

Cheers

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket - 12 days

Hi, no the minibar isn't included in the price and it's cheaper to buy drinks at the 7/11 if you want to have a drink in your room. Karon isn't that busy so won't be noisey.

3. Re: Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket - 12 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:28