We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Karon

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants in Karon

I and my wife will be staying in Thavorn Palm beach Resort, karon from 13/08/2014 to 16/08/2014. Can anybody suggest good restaurants nearby with good hygiene. She's just recovering from a bout of Hepatitis and the doctor has advised to take care with the diet. We wanted to try thai food but it generally is spicy and she cant have spicy food.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Karon

There are plenty of restaurants in Karon, with a good range of food. You can get non spicy food at Thai restaurants.

A very good restaurant which is not spicy and always clean is Two Chefs

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
606 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Karon

My prefered restaurant in Karon is the Red Onion just choose their non spicey options.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Karon

black pearl resto.. and for some reason, i also enjoyed the street food.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
75 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Karon

On Karon Beach Road, across from @Beach Hotel & Marina Hotel is Kata Villa. Great selection of Western food at good prices. They also serve non-spicy Thai food, like cashew chicken and chicken satay.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Karon

Karlsson restuarant locted on the small soi of Old Phukrt hotel/street, if you face the sea turn right and walk for 1 km then you see the soi to your right side and Karlsson is on the middle of the soi, right side.

They have superb meat and fish dishes, as well as Pizza and thai food. Their staff is service minded and their kitchen is tidy and clean. One of my favourite restuatants that you should not miss out.

California
Level Contributor
159 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Karon

Thanks for sharing restaurant suggestions everyone. My boyfriend and I will be there in 2 weeks and he has coalitis so we've been very nervous about how to accommodate his diet. Would someone mind sharing a few Thai dishes/meals that are mild on sensitive tummies (non spicy and no red meat)? Thanks!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Karon

Our favourite is Ging which is in the lane near The Old Phuket Hotel off the Beach Rd, end near Kata.

The mildest food will be rice, as it will be kinder on sensitive tummies. Theres lots of different fried rice available. I also found any pad thai to be mild. Spring rolls are good too. Avoid the curries as they could be very spicy. My daughter hates really spicy so she would order prawns and broccoli in oyster sauce with some fried rice. You should be fine, theres plenty of options on menus.

Phuket
Level Contributor
597 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Karon

Thai for 'I don't want spicy!" is "Mai Ao Prik"

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Karon

All of the restaurants recommended by previous posters replying to this thread are very good options. Another one to consider is The Karon Cafe....good for Thai and western food (excellent roasts). Also their Cowboy breakfasts are quite popular. Kata Villa certainly offers the best value for money. Ging is one of my favourites and you can never go wrong with The Two Chefs and Karlssons (excellent steaks). The Red Onion is famous for their duck dishes in particular.

Enjoy!

Waroona, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Karon

I dont know if it is near you or not but we loved Bai Toey and for someone who has problems with food at times it was a great choice for us. Great food and service. We are taking our kids over this year and we are comfortable knowing that there is a place we can take the kids to eat.