We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of motor bike rental fraud - Ann beauty Salon Karon

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of motor bike rental fraud - Ann beauty Salon Karon

Do not hire off these people

They act as though it is all legit( checking over the bike for damage before hiring it to you )

and then charge you through the roof once you get back for damage which you didnt do!

We have reported them to the police who have said they have had a lot of complaints about them

go to a different bike rental company!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of motor bike rental fraud - Ann beauty Salon Karon

I was ripped off by these people to!

Travellers do not go here

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of motor bike rental fraud - Ann beauty Salon Karon

They're really not doing themselves any favours by being so greedy.....What goes around - comes around...!!

Perhaps they do not realise how informative Trip Advisor really is...??...

Thanks for the tip Tahnee...!!

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of motor bike rental fraud - Ann beauty Salon Karon

Let me guess, you had to pay what they demanded so you could get your passport back!!,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware of motor bike rental fraud - Ann beauty Salon Karon

personally I reckon you're asking for trouble if you hire a scooter from a business that predominately trades as a beauty shop. But that's my opinion.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware of motor bike rental fraud - Ann beauty Salon Karon

I like these posts because it helps so much....Nothing is worse than getting ripped off for something you didn't even do....!!..??....A great way to spoil one's holiday....!!

Of course,there are also the honest,more than willing to help you scooter renters in Phuket too...

I met one....His name is Bier and he set up his 3 bike,one car rental business in front of the Royal Paradise Hotel....Fantastic young guy who allowed me to rent scooters on a passport copy(altho' he did tell me not to tell everybody this...oop)....

A couple of times he told me to return the bike the next day as he was going to be out when I bring the bike back in the afternoon....No extra charge...!!...Whattaguy...!!

So negative reports are just as good as the positive reports.....It all helps....!!

6. Re: Beware of motor bike rental fraud - Ann beauty Salon Karon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 06:16