We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Karon Resort

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Karon Resort

Hi

We are staying here in september 2014 in a Superor Terrace room with a free upgrade........as it is low season, does anyone know how likely we are to get the upgrade & if so what would we be likely to get upgraded to.

South Pole
Level Contributor
646 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Karon Resort

Hmm. I suspect you will get a free upgrade to a Deluxe Terrace room, which is a nice room and probably even has a view out across the building tops, maybe to the ocean. But Terraces is not where you want to be. Nothing wrong with them, just it's a big Tower block and not very tropical.

If you have young children, you want to be around the Lagoon area. No kids, or if you want to spoil yourselves a little, you want to be in the Tropicale section. Cabana rooms are great, but I don't know how many of you there are in the room, as it has restrictions.

Even if in the Terraces, it's a great place to stay.

https:/…

Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Karon Resort

Thank you for your reply.......There is just my partner & I, yes I am hoping to get a Tropicale room, but think my chances maybe slim, will try to use my charm, however as long as I am not staying near the children,s pool I will be happy, nothing against kids....been there done that, just want a quiet relaxing time away :)

Bendigo, Victoria...
Level Contributor
990 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Karon Resort

It is hit and miss Colleen. We got upgraded to the Tropicale section and didn't want the upgrade!

It took me 2 days to downgrade LOL

If you don't want kids, you don't want the lagoon area and I agree with the above - the terrace rooms wouldn't cut it for me but their pool was fantastic!

Cheers

Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Karon Resort

Thank you for your feedback.......Lol, yes I must admit I am wishful thinking of an upgrade to a Tropical room, but realistically know the chances are slim, this will be my fifth trip to Thailand over the last 15 years, but will be the first trip actually staying in a resort for the entire holiday so I will be happy to just be close to a pool & preferably no children..been there done that :)

5. Re: Centara Karon Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16