We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
175 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

Hi, last msg I saw was in 2013 and the rate was 600thb. Anyone have a more recent rate to compare? I was under the impression that I could get a better deal pre-booking with a website - best price I found was 699thb. But if the rate is still 600thb by regular cab from airport, then. Won't pre-book. Hope you can let me know soon once I'm leaving this Sun.

Anyone who happens to leave on Sun and arrives in the morning can contact me if you are 1-2 person wanting to share a cab to Karon.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,821 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

You won't get a taxi for less than 800 baht.

Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

I am in Karon now. Caught metered taxi from airport on Monday. Cost 100 baht booking fee payable at counter then pay by the meter. Meter was 710 baht to Grand Centara Resort in Karon. While the Taxi driver drove very fast I felt reasonably safe. Hope this helps

Ian

Kata / Karon Phuket
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

The best rates to be fair is going to be around THB800. The rate for private car on the board in the airport is between 900-1000THB. The metered taxi has been covered by Mikieboy above. If your Hotel is offering pick up at THB800 or you are getting rates of THB800 or less on line with private companies then i would take it:)

Regards,

Phil Hubbard

GM/Owner Villareal Heights Hotel Kata Phuket

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
175 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

Thanks! I found one website offering only 699thb per way. The guy responded.

I think I'll go with him. No lost. What do you think?

www.krabiok.com/index.php…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
175 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

Hi just want to update you all that I successfully reached my hotel in Karon using the website mentioned in my previous post. Rate was indeed 699thb. I think that's the best rate you can find for a private car for 2-4 pax. We say in a Toyota Camry and the driver was very careful. Franco from the website contacted me and was very prompt in responding. I'd recommend it to everyone.

Fremantle
Level Contributor
135 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

Thanks for the update. Will come in handy in a few weeks.

Regards

Neil

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,770 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

Very good price I think. Hope you enjoy your trip

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

TOo late. Was going to recommend the driver we always use. Nicky from www.followmephuket.com charges 650 baht for his airport transfers. Best price we've found, and definitely the best driver we have used.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

Go through followmephuket.com

Nicki is the owner of the company and will take you from the airport to your hotel anywhere in Phuket for 650B, which is a lot cheaper than cabs (they quoted around 1000 B)

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
875 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2014 taxi rates from airport to karon

Taxi fares are supposedly due to be halved, unless your trip is imminent and be tempted to wait and see what happens:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k7…