We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karon or patong

Which Karon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Karon or patong

First holiday away together, young outlook, we are in our early forties. Enjoy going out also romantic meals. Looking for more romance and beautiful beach. To relax and enjoy in nice surroundings. Never visited Phuket so any advice be appreciated. Thank you.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,666 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karon or patong

To start with, I would suggest you look at all the many threads on the forums on the subject, and all the information that has already been posted. I would go to either the Phuket or Thailand TA forum, & using the search function, have a look for your query.

It all depends on what you want from your trip, as to whether Patong or Karon/Kata would be better for you

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karon or patong

Karon/Kata would get my vote. But as said you need to do your research and pick destination that's suits you.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Karon or patong

Thanks for yr reply, will continue to research 😊

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karon or patong

We love kata and have visited 3 or 4 times. Patong is much busier and doesn't have that village feel. We also enjoy Karon too although Patong is easy to get to. We hired mopeds but that can be dangerous. Taxis are a bit expensive about 400 baht from kata /Akron.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karon or patong

If you have a family I would say Karon as it is more family orientated, if your going as a couple and want to try out clubs definitely Patong.

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Karon or patong

Phuket is more about action than romance.

Both those beaches are busy. Try a beach near airport if you want more serenity.

Phuket
Level Contributor
202 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Karon or patong

Kata and Kata Noi, with Karon at same level. Then depends on time of the year bur Ao Sen is also very nice.

Now all business are out from beaches and they look very good

8. Re: Karon or patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:16