We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speed Boat to Phi Phi, Pls help

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Speed Boat to Phi Phi, Pls help

Hi, We will be in Phuket in June. planned to do Phi Phi island. Can anyone suggest what kind of a speed boat is that can accomodate about 40 pax. Will that be comparatively less hectic than the normal small speed boat? I wonder a boat carrying 40 nPax will be crusing at a high speed. Actually I have booked a tour on the speed boat which is as per my agent is of 40 pax capacity and is not uncomfortable at all.

Can anyone help.

MAZ

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
941 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Darkan, Australia
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speed Boat to Phi Phi, Pls help

Maz

Must be a big speed boat if it can take 40 people or it could be very crowed and unsafe. Your pick.

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speed Boat to Phi Phi, Pls help

There are speed boats that are licensed to carry 90 people, so 40 people need not be a problem. Although if you are coming in the wet season you want to make sure that there is room for at least 50 people on the boat, otherwise a lot of you are going to be up the front of the boat, out in the weather and possibly getting chucked around in big seas.

Mark.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speed Boat to Phi Phi, Pls help

Contact captain mark at Phuket sails he runs a small group

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
4. Re: Speed Boat to Phi Phi, Pls help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 22:16