We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Village Coconut Island

Which Phuket Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
The Village Coconut Island

Hi, I'm thinking of booking a two bed villa on http://www.thevillage-coconutisland.com/ has anyone stayed there? are the views from the villa nice?

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Village Coconut Island

We have stayed there and the views are sensational from every villa. We could lie in bed and watch the fihermen fishing from longtial boats. We stayed in an ocean view room.

At the moment they are buildng behind these villas so just request a villa away from the noise.

The villas are just beautiful, you will love them.

Phuket
Level Contributor
187 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Village Coconut Island

the manager, Bernie is a really really nice guy. He will be able to answer any of your questions i am sure.

I know lots of people who stay there, they go back every holiday and they all rave about the place.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Village Coconut Island

If you stay,pay the extra and stay in the ocean front villa,the second row still have a good view as they are higher up but you see the roof of the front villa.There is a lot of construction out the back but this will be finished by November i was told back in July.The main restaurant overlooking the bay has amazing food at very good prices for an Island Resort.

Have a look at this discount website,i have booked through them over 30 times and you'll save a fortune:

www.latestays.com/the-village-coconut-island/

Currumbin, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Village Coconut Island

Hi just wanting some info on Coconut Island, I heard the swimming isn't so good ????? also how far is it from Koh Samui time wise and the best way to get there ? we have 8 day package booked for May

Thaks

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Village Coconut Island

I was out on Koh Maphrao, or Coconut Island as you call it a few days ago.

Swimming should be good out there, why not?

I paddled around the island in May, this is what it was like then:

…blogspot.com/2011/05/koh-maphrao.html

Some works was still going on in May, but last week it looked like the construction was finished on the Village Coconut Island. Many tourists there, it looked OK.

You could fly from Koh Samui to Phuket and then take a taxi to the pier on Laem Hin. Boats go from that pier to the island all the time.

Or go by bus to Phuket and then a taxi to Laem Hin. Up to you...............

Currumbin, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Village Coconut Island

Thank you for your response, had a look at the link nice to see the island its self and not just the hotel and also nice to know the original name of the Island. Thanks again

Liane

7. Re: The Village Coconut Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Phuket Town