We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling times between locations

vancouver
Level Contributor
82 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
travelling times between locations

I see in a previous entry that people are suggestion Khao Lak as a good option fairly close to Phuket. My husband is having dental work done in Phuket and if possible we would like a place where he could "commute" to Phuket for appointments rather than stay there. How would Khao Lak compare to Krabi, Kho Phi Phi etc for "commuting" time and expense.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling times between locations

Khao Lak is closer to Phuket than Krabi, Phi Phi etc.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,422 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling times between locations

Hi

You are talking a 2 hour drive from Khao Lak to Phuket.

From Krabi it is a days ferry or a 6 hour drive. Whilst Phi Phi is a 2 hour ferry and then a taxi.

I would stay in Phuket. The northern or southern ends are very lovely and very quiet, and it will still take an hour to get to the centre.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling times between locations

It depends on which location do you stay in Phuket. From phuket airport, it could take you 45 minutes to the end of Phuket part (the way opposite to Khao Lak). It would take only 15 minutes from the airport to Phang nga, and around 1 hour further to Khao Lak.

This is a good map for you :)

thaiwaysmagazine.com/phang-nga_map/phang-nga…

4. Re: travelling times between locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:42