We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Weather January anybody no?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
270 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket Weather January anybody no?

We are arriving in Thailand staying around phuket, patong/karon/kata beaches, krabi/ao nang and also khao lak nang thong beaches.

can anybody tell me what the weather usually is like january time? read alot about it being cool season meaning less humidity but doesnt say wether its sunbathing weather, sunny and really hot.

or is it fairly mild/warm and sunny/cloudy? thanks

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

Very hot and very humid at night. Perfect for sun/beach holidays.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
270 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

Reading reviews and sites that have previous years weather records, aparently January is less humid than other months? im hoping for perfect sun-tan weather baking hot, sunny blue clear sky days for my holiday :D

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

Should be relatively hot for you if you are from London, over 30 degrees anyway

Edited: 22 October 2012, 16:57
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
270 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

hot, but how about sunny blue clear skys? thanks

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

Yes it should be

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
270 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

Thanks

whats khao lak like? easy accessed via taxi from patong area? average times for travel?

what snicest beach around their?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

Hi David, I recently stayed for 14 nights in Khao Lak after staying at Katathani in Kata Noi for the past 10 years, I didnt like it at all, it was way tooooo quiet and everywhere shuts down way too early in the evening. The beaches are not as nice either. You can get to Khao Lak from Phuket via taxi, it will take around 1.5 -2 hours to get there from the sarasin bridge which links phuket with mainland. The only good thing about Khao Lak is that you are close to the pier for getting to the simillians.

Hope this helps.

Donna

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

Khao lak is O.K . And pinnyphuket hit the nail on the head. We were there to go to simillans. We have always gone to Phuket in January . Usually nice hot days 32-34 . Warm nights with occasional thunder showers. If you go to Khao lak , go to the Tsunami memorial .. Very sobering

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

In January the weather is usually great...hot sunny days with clear blue skies. If you get cold quickly take a light cardigan as the evenings can be a bit cool. Most people wont agree with this but I find that I need a cardigan occasionally over the Dec/Jan period.

Have a great holiday :-)

Chantal.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Phuket Weather January anybody no?

if you want to see a daily weather pic for Jan 2012 go to www.abitabouttheweather.blogspot.com then go to Rawai boat cam and scroll down for link to january.

Get answers to your questions about Phuket Town