We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short stopover in phuket town

Which Phuket Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oraison, France
Level Contributor
432 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
short stopover in phuket town

we arrive late (around 8 pm) in phuket town and we will stay one night in order to get a ferry the next day (begining of the afternoon) to ko phi phi

do you have any idea where we could be accommodated being the next day at tha rasada pier and also spending a nice evening and morning in a place with restaurants, shops etc ..

what is the best way to buy the ferry tickets , guest house or hotel, agency, pier just before boarding ??

thank you

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: short stopover in phuket town

I just returned from a trip to Phuket. Why are you planning to stay at Phuket twon instead of Patong Beach? Patong beach is the place with walking street and all the hustle bustle of tourists. Phuket town is the old city and I do not think there is much to do there. We had rented a scooter for a day and just zipped through phuket town in 15-20 minutes and did not find any attractions.

I will recommend staying at patong beach. There are several nice hotel in all price range. I stayed at Holiday Inn Express. Pl read my reviews on the same. We took a day tour of Phi Phi island using hotel2thailand.com. I used this website for booking other day tours as well and found it very reliable with instant chat support as well.

Let me know if u need more information and have a great trip. We had fantastic time in Thailand

Holstebro, Denmark
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short stopover in phuket town

What day of the week are you arriving? If it's during a weekend you could go to the Weekend Market. You could easily spend the evening there. The market is huge and there is also an abundance of food you can enjoy. Just walk around and buy a bit here and there. Or buy a meal and sit down. It's very cheap and the food is great. If you prefer a nice evening in a restaurant I can recommend Rendez Vouz tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1215781… - great food and with very reasonable prices. As for acommodation I am not familiar with the choices of Phuket Town, but have a look through this forum and I am sure you'll find something.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
886 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: short stopover in phuket town

Phuket town can be entertaining.

It is more Thai oriented but has some interesting architecture, antique shops, quaint restaurants etc.

You should probably stay near "old town" which is a 6 block area in the center near what's called the clock tower.

Some hotels near there are the Thavorn, The Imperial, Sintawee, to name a few.

I haven't stayed in any of them but rented a room for a few months near the Imperial.

Have fun.

4. Re: short stopover in phuket town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Phuket Town