We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to experience train from Phuket to Bangkok

Which Phuket Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Want to experience train from Phuket to Bangkok

How can i get the train from phuket for Bangkok? I am traveling by myself

How much is the fare and where can i find the trusted agency to buy ticket?

I want to leave on 11th of this month

need guidance

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to experience train from Phuket to Bangkok

There is no train line to Phuket, nearest would be Surat Thani which you would need to travel to by bus and that is a long way

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,374 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to experience train from Phuket to Bangkok

Yes, not worth it for the hours you have to spend in a bus getting to Surat Thani (Phun Phin). Also a lot of the trains from ST to Bangkok are overnight so you don't get to see anything.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
79 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to experience train from Phuket to Bangkok

Simpliest way is to fly Air Asia, reasonably cheap if you book inadvance... alternatively, although I've never done it you can take the over night VIP bus (I've read the 24 seater buses are best.. but watch your belongings!) for around 1000Bht each way.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to experience train from Phuket to Bangkok

"the over night VIP bus (I've read the 24 seater buses are best.. but watch your belongings!) for around 1000Bht each way."

'watch your belongings' is of course a good general advice, and with regards to buses in Thailand mainly applicable to the tourist buses. The government controlled buses are quite safe with theft no problem.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to experience train from Phuket to Bangkok

'The government controlled buses are quite safe with theft no problem.' - Not 100% true, Mrs Gippy had some stuff stolen from a government bus after she forgot to lock her case.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to experience train from Phuket to Bangkok

Of course it sometimes happens, but very, very rarely, whereas the non-government or tourists buses are know for thefts.

7. Re: Want to experience train from Phuket to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:17