We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

Hi,

I need to catch a local bus to the Phuket airport at 6 a.m.

I have shortlisted few hotel below where I can spend my last night and catch a bus to the airport at 6 a.m. Which of these is near a bus stand or which bus can I get from any one of these hotels:

1) Phuket Ghetto Childs Hostel 32 Thep Kasattri Road, Tambol Taladyai, Phuket Town, Phuket,

2) Win Backpacker Hostel 6 Ratsada Rood Taladyai Mang Phuket, Phuket Town, Phuket,

3) Route 68 Restaurant & Hostel 68 Talang Rd, Taladyai, Phuket Town, Phuket, Thailand

4) Sukumvit Backpacker 15/6 montri Rd. T.taladyai muang, Phuket Town, Phuket,

5) Sinthavee Hotel 89 Phang nga Road,, Phuket Town, Phuket, Thailand

What time do local buses start plying in Phuket? My flight is at 8:05 a,m, and hotels near the airport are extremely expensive.

Could you tell me which bus to look out for?

thanks in advance

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

http://www.airportbusphuket.com/timetable.php

First is too late at 7am if it goes on time. It`ll cost 5-600 bhat for a taxi.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293920-d318223… is pretty cheap near the airport - a night costs about the same price as the taxi fare.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

JamieWHK,

Canal does not offer a 3 cot room. We are 3 adults of one family and hence our choices are limited.

Pls advise if you know which of the above mentioned 5 hotels in Phuket town are connected by bus to the airport.

Thanks

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

The canal has a family room and a lot of the other hotels near the airport should be able to put an extra bed in the room.

You won`t get a bus from Phuket until 7am. That time is too late for catching your flight.

Pick the best hostel from your list and pay for a taxi in the morning :-(

or

Take the bus up the day before and get a room with an extra cot.

The overall cost is going to be the same.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

yes, but I need to be able to see the family room availability on the net. I cant book a double room and hope they will provide me an extra bed! I do understand what you are trying to say here.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

I checked canal again. pls see link below:

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=7344215;label=hotel-421369_Aff-7344215253718_T-3_pool-in_slice-99999;sid=397ada98d995ae917e2360d730180398;dcid=1;checkin=2014-01-19;checkout=2014-01-20;dest_id=-3239328;dest_type=city;do_availability_check=on;highlighted_hotels=421369&utm_campaign=IN&utm_content=DMeta&utm_medium=SPPC&utm_source=tripad&utm_term=hotel-421369

it does not offer family room and 1-2 that do are exhorbitantly priced.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,568 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

So you want to stay in Phuket Town and catch a taxi in the morning?

If you'd like to catch a taxi location does not matter much, and if you'd like to catch the airportbus the evening before location is also not that important since the airport bus service ends and starts at the new busstation, so you have to catch another bus to get there anyway.

Edited: 28 December 2013, 02:27
HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

Try looking on Agoda.com there are a few hotels located around the airport with an extra bed option. On agoda, canal shows a family room that sleeps 4. 1500 thb

The hotels are expensive but you will be saving the price of a taxi. Staying in The win Hostel may cost 7-800 thb and a taxi price of 600 thb. Total 13-1400 thb.

As steveni say, you can`t have both - cheap hotel and bus. But being closer to the Airport is better.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,786 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

Where are you staying the day before your departure? It sounds from your post that you are looking for just 1 night in Phuket Town. If you are not already staying there why move to Phuket Town rather than straight to an airport hotel which is the sensible and probably most cost effective option?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

I am staying at Hotel Sea Blue on Patong Beach. For the night before departure I don't have a booking. When I booked at Patong in Sept 2013, I was staying only 2 night at Patong. Later we added another night. Hence, we have no booking for the last night.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel suitable for catching a bus to the airport

We are backpackers and search unabashedly for budget accommodation and travel. I read that local buses start at 6 a.m. although airport Govt bus starts at 7 a.m. I thot to stay last night at Phuket town and take local bus at 6 a.m. but this plan is not working.