We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

Oregon
Level Contributor
28 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

If you had one day in Phuket, what would you do?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

If it was low season,I'd go surfing....!!....Then,back to my hotel room to get cleaned up,then go off have some lunch and drinks by the beach,then probably go for another surf and then get cleaned up and go to a yoga class or do my own yoga practice by the pool....

Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

Eat!!

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

people watch in Patong whilst enjoying a nice glass or 6 of Sangsom Redbull ;)

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

My day would start with a morning walk around 7 am along any of the beaches, preferable Kata... its so nice to see how the island wake up, then breakfast, spend few hours at the pool with a crossword or good book/magazine, (i am more boat or pool in day time then beach) The beach is appealing for me between 5-7pm - its the best time for me to be on the beach, its relaxing atmosphere with sunset, love it!

Then I would head of for 2 hours foot and body massage before I would go for dinner - thai food.

My eve will end with a nice glas of wine in my hand!

or....I would spend the day in Phang nga, cruising around on a nice and relaxed boat! and the day would still end with a glas of wine!

That would be my day for sure! ;)

East Maitland...
Level Contributor
128 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

Morning walk along patong beach, followed by some pool time, hit the streets of patong for some shopping, banana pancakes & fresh mango from the street vendors, lunch at my favorite restaurant - the name escapes me, but in the hill overlooking patong beach - then off to jungceylon basement for a tad more shopping and a foot massage, ending the day people watching in the Aussie bar on Bangla road with a beverage or two! Oh and definitely a tuk tuk ride around Patong just for the fun of it. And why the hell not, another banana pancake.

Oh gosh I miss phuket!! :(

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,906 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

I would not bother going to Phuket for just one day, but if I had no choice then if possible I would do a Phang Nga Bay day trip :)

Cathy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

First thing i would do is get AWAY from Patong. Get a taxi/bus to nicer areas/beaches just a little south like Karon, Kata, Kata Noi. Hire a scooter (just ride on the side of the rd, anyone with slight coordination can do it after getting used to it for 2mins) and check out some nice views if you go up the hills a bit too.

Of course enjoy some food, drinks etc near the beaches also, squeeze a massage in the afternoon.

Thats what i did anyway.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

where's the best banana pancake?

Geelong
Level Contributor
423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

Go to Tiger Kingdom @ 8.30am then an Elephant ride for 30 mins. Go and eat Thai food, drink Thai beer. Quick swim in the sea. Get a massage maybe a happy ending then more more food n beer. Sit back and end the day puffing on a Cigar with a Gin & Tonic.

East Maitland...
Level Contributor
128 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 day in Phuket. What would you do?

Haven't had a bad banana pancake yet! But my favorite is the roti style ones which the only cart I was able to find selling these is in the Otop Markets or if you're in Kata Beach they sell the roti ones there too, near the main entrance of the Kata Beach Resort. Yum!