My partner and I want to travel from Phuket to Bangkok on an overnight sleeper train. I read that there is no train station in Phuket and we will first have to travel by bus to the station and then get on the train. All the websites I've been to aren't working properly, are outdated or aren't taking online bookings. Could anyone pretty pretty please help me with the following?
* Is it safe to travel overnight on the trains for two woman (and in general)?
* How and where do I book the bus trip from Phuket to the closest train station?
* How much does the bus trip cost?
* What is the closes train station to Phuket?
* How and where do I book the train trip from the station to Bangkok?
* What is the usual cost for first class, airconditioned, own cabin?
* Does anyone have a link to an up to date schedule?
* Which station should we get off at in Bangkok (we are staying in Phra Nakhon area)?
Thank you so very much, and apologies if there is some obvious site I'm missing, but I really can't seem to find anything up to date online!