We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok hospital Phuket

Which Phuket Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok hospital Phuket

Does anyone know where I can get an English book or mag from near this hospital? Husband had mild stroke not sure how long we are here for? Tried the big tesco but no luck. Tanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,350 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok hospital Phuket

Do they not have any in the hospital or can advise nearest plac?. When we were there briefly the staff were excellent and spoke very good English. There is a large bookstore in Central Festival which isn't too far from the hospital (about same distance as Tesco Lotus).

Hope hubby gets well soon.

Edited: 25 April 2014, 06:49
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
772 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok hospital Phuket

Äsk for "Ammi"" she works as coordinator at the hospital and are their to help western when they stay at the hospital, she will have solutions for you, maybe even books to borrow :)

Hope the recover goes quick!

3. Re: Bangkok hospital Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 16:37
Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok hospital Phuket

Hi Angie.

Sorry to hear about your husband, I hope he is well soon.

There are two great second hand bookshops in Old Phuket Town. Not sure of the street name but it is the same street as the famous On On Hotel. All within easy walking distance of each other. Any taxi driver knows the On On hotel.

Old Phuket town is also a nice place for you to spend a few hours on your own poking your nose into different shops etc. Has some interesting stuff. Not too far from the hospital.

I have a nice collection of pipes that I got from there.

All the best,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Western Cape, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok hospital Phuket

Hello Mark. Are those smoking pipes or bag pipes?

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,439 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok hospital Phuket

Ummm, smoking. But not tobacco. Very old Chinese style, One carved from marble.

I only have them for show however.

Don't need bag pipes. I can stand on the cat whenever I want.

Mark.

7. Re: Bangkok hospital Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2015, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Phuket Town