We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bantayan Beaches

Which Bantayan Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
509 reviews
Save Topic
Bantayan Beaches

I guess this is not really a question, just a word of advise. I have seen so many sites describing this island as the ultimate paradise that I want to share my experience. It is a beautiful island, but by far not the best. The sand is white, okay, but it not talcum powder, it is a coraline beach and there are many corals in the beach. The water is gorgeous but it is cold. Although it is not very touristic, it cannot be said that the beach is nicer than Boracay. The best beach I have seen in Philippines for me has been Malacapuya island, in Coron, the whitest sand I have seen in South East Asia. Bantayan is far from that.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,154 posts
1,508 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bantayan Beaches

I must say I am a fan of Malcapuya Island as well as I just came back from visiting this beautiful island in Coron.

Worth staying overnight in one of the rustic cottages on the beach. No shop so you need to bring your own supplies. White sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. Otherwise spend a day at this island.

Tommo

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bantayan Beaches

I beg to differ. The sands along Kota constantly change, I've been there many times over the years and the beach looks different every year! One summer it looked like the beach was actually eroding, thankfully the next year the sand was back and the beach look totally amazing. You can have a look at one of the photos beyondcebu.com/my-blogs/bantayan-island-reso… to see how much the sand can change (with the photo of the stairs). Try visiting in April and you will change your mind!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bantayan Beaches

Sounds like self-promotion and what you say makes no sense. I am not talking about erosion, but the quality of the sand. many websites focus on the water, which is not that beautiful, but filter photography can work miracles. The sand is coraline. Theres is coraline debris everywhere, which makes it a million years behind the sands in Malcapuya or Boracay. That does not change from year to year. I repeat, it is a long trip to get there and it was disappointment

Cebu
Level Contributor
605 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bantayan Beaches

Hi. Where is the best beach in Bantayan Island? Is it Sugar Beach or Alice Beach? Am choosing between Sunday Flower Beach in Sugar Beach & Beach Placid in Alice Beach. Going there 1st week of April. Pls advise. Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bantayan Beaches

wildflower,

You do not need to post your questions into so many threads.

You just need to ask once.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bantayan Beaches

@ Express trip

The photos and video on your blog are beautiful.

No doubt, the beaches in Bantayan are very beautiful. (perhaps amazing would be a more apt adjective)

However, .... I am more inclined to prefer the beaches in Coron and Camotes for their still rustic / untouched environment, intact unouched by expats island culture and Malapascua for it's "already touched by expats, but still the restaurants are good" environment.

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bantayan Beaches

The only problem with Sunday flower is it’s next door to where fishermen use to rest their boats. They tend not to care about the environment and they just drop their litter along the beach. Not that it’s a huge problem but it’s just a shame none the less to see a few bits of plastic rappers on such a beautiful beach. The beach itself will be nice as in April as the waters are generally calm and more protected by the winds. Alice Beach has the winds blowing this side and you might get a bit of seaweed on the beach. It’s still nice to swim at though

@YLOO thanks! that's the beauty of the Phils, there is always a beach to suit everyone, hope more people get to realise this!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bantayan Beaches

@ expresstrip... I agree :)

Now - it is time for me to finally start writing that trip report for Camotes..... and Agusan....

Cebu
Level Contributor
605 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bantayan Beaches

Thanks for your replies guys but it is still not clear to me...which one should I choose?

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bantayan Beaches

During April if you head east of Sunday Flower towards the direction of St. Fe Town, that's where the best beaches are. It's walking distance.

Get answers to your questions about Bantayan Island