We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangka ride from Bantayan to Malapascua for 2000 php

Which Bantayan Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bangka ride from Bantayan to Malapascua for 2000 php

Hi

Currently on Bantayan island at the anika island resort (best resort on the island in my opinion) and the resort offered me the ride for 2500php. Tonight I asked a tricycle driver who tried to get us on his tricycle if he knew anyone. He said 2500 also but I asked for 2000 php and he said ok.

My question is should I feel safe going with these street drivers or should I stick with the resorts contacts? We have been here 2 days so far and we feel pretty safe even outside the resort...

I also wonder whether I should bargain down to 2000 with the resort to see if they accept.

Thanks as always guys!

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangka ride from Bantayan to Malapascua for 2000 php

Best you stick with the contacts supplied by the resort.At least you know you have some recourse if there is a problem.

If you take someone in street at random, you never know who they are or if they have criminal records or links.

There is nothing wrong with haggling over price if you can.

2. Re: Bangka ride from Bantayan to Malapascua for 2000 php

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 09:15
Get answers to your questions about Bantayan Island