We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area to Stay

Barbados
Level Contributor
569 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Area to Stay

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a good area to stay on Bantayan? We're looking for a budget double room. We don't need AC, a fan would do.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice guesthouse?

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area to Stay

After Yolanda, there isn't much news on Bantayan. Most of the resorts has been destroyed except one I think.

So it is best to contact the resort first before you go there to make sure they are operational.

Barbados
Level Contributor
569 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area to Stay

Thanks.

Do you think it will be possible to just arrive and get a guesthouse on the island without having a reservation?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area to Stay

I think firstly you have to establish the fact that what resorts or accommodations are still operational.

What if you reach there and they are still rebuilding?

Barbados
Level Contributor
569 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area to Stay

There are a few places online available so it looks like we should be able to get somewhere.

How much should we expect to pay for a taxi/trike from the pier to Sta. Fe beach area?

Thanks

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Area to Stay

Most of the resorts are back to normal - with the exception of Kota Resort ( a lot of its cottages are still under repair they were under the impression they would open those in the coming months -it still has its rooms in the back building open and a few cottages ). Kiwi Cottages was closed, White Beach Bunaglows still has its cottages damaged - the 2 apartelle rooms were open and it had no restaurant. Budyong Resort still had its restaurant closed (no roof) but was expected to reopen that soon, the cottages were back to normal. A few of the resorts that did have cable tv were having issues with one of the providers depending on which one they used. You can pay around 20p for the tricycle.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Area to Stay

Express,

Please keep the updates on Bantayan Island coming.

It is really lacking information here about this island. Your input will help vistors going to this island and tourist is what the island need most.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Area to Stay

Im going Bantayan santa fe to help build some homes for residents in beginning of june and need to find accommodations for three weeks. Ill be travelling when I get word that the supplies have arrived before I depart. So does anyone think I will have a problem just "showing up" and finding a place to stay?

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Area to Stay

June is the "low" season so you wont have any problems just rocking up and finding a place, when I went there in early April, tourist numbers where down from previous years and still easy to find a place.

9. Re: Area to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 15:15