We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar 24 hour delay

Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar 24 hour delay

This morning flight arrived in Dabolim 4 hours late due to the weather.People had boarded for the return leg by 10 o'oclock,but after sitting on the plane for an hour they were told that they would have to disembark and fly tomorrow.Wether the crew had run out of hours i don't know.Also they have to check in at 0030 for a 0530 flight,as they want everyone booked in before the scheduled 0430 Doha flight starts checking in..

John

12 replies to this topic
dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,570 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

Does that mean there willbe 2 flights to Doha!!!???

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

I very much doubt two flights.

The reason has to be the crew running out of flying hours.

Wonder if Qatar looked after the passengers re accomodation.

Bound to have a knock on hope we are OK for Saturday/Sunday.

Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
lancs
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

There where two flights.

Delayed originally due to fog, got on plane and taxied to runway only to be told that we couldn't take off due to military air exercise then taxied back and told that we would now be staying in Goa overnight due to crew running out of flying hours.

During over 10 hour wait at airport we where only given half a sandwich and a coffee / water.

Stayed overnight in Vasco then bused back to a deserted airport at 11.30 pm for a flight that wasn't taking off until 5.30am.

Qatar airways ground staff very unhelpful and food on flight disgusting.A particular lowlight being a box containing lukewarm pink sick wrapped in cardboard we where given on the flight home.

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Goa, India
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

That's what i heard today, a lot of very unhappy people due to the treatment they received from Qatar.

John

Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Inverness
Level Contributor
448 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

having just booked for next year on Qatar do not think I will share this with other half

Edited: 24 February 2012, 20:23
Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Wales
Level Contributor
378 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

How things have changed with Qatar, flew with them 2010, best flight we have ever had going to Goa. Have not used them since as the timings were wrong for us.

Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Goa
Goa
India
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

Unfortunately you can't command the weather so this doesn't only happen with Qatar but other airlines, there's not much you can do about it but general I've found Qatar to be good.

Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

hi there,i was on the thomas cook flight that evening also we had to sit on the plane 3 and half hours before taking off .due to the fog,,,,the airline just offered water,,10 more minutes wait we would of been taken off plane due to the flight crew being over there hours too.the airline crew made a good job once taken off the ground...they worked really hard to please unhappy people....

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
784 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

We have had 2 flights from Doha to Paris both were delayed by 1 to 1.5 hours and the last one I was told that there were mysterious bags loaded on the aircraft that had to be off loaded, I question their security as well, they take no responsibility and were quite rude when we asked for a letter confirmation for our insurance, we missed connecting flights on both occasions.

I agree re the food, those things they call sandwiches are revolting.

Edited: 20 September 2012, 19:52
Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qatar 24 hour delay

Don't think I;ll be showing this thread to my other half either!

Interesting that there is an Emirates advert halfway down the page....LOL

Reply to: Qatar 24 hour delay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted