We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gangotri Kedartal Trek

Calcutta, West...
1 post
Save Topic
Gangotri Kedartal Trek

Is the route of Kedar Tal good enough for trekking or it is broken? And also I want to know where can I find Guide, Porter. What will be their rates? Please reply.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

The route was partially broken in the last monsoon. However, trekking can be done in this stretch from May to October.

Gangotri/Bhoj Kharak 5-6 hrs, Bhoj Kharak/ Kedar Kharak 4-5 hrs, Kedar Kharak/ Kedartal 4-5 hrs. On the return way Kedartal / Bhoj Kharak 4-5 hrs, Bhoj Kharak / Gangotri : 4- 5 hrs.

All the trekking assistance/equipments can be availed from GMVN Rishikesh. Since, you are from Kolkata, you may contact GMVN office in Marshall House, BBD Bag for further information..

AshisRoy

Edited: 27 February 2012, 11:29
Gurgaon
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

Ashis,

Do you have any contacts for guides for Kedartal trek.

Preferably if you know some one who is good, knowledgeable and honest enough and from Gangotri town itself.

Regards,

Tanzeem

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

Hi Tanzeem

You may contact Mr.Gagan Bist / 09761213048. gagan@charmachan.com for Kedartal trek. He is based at Syalsaud (Ukhimath).

AshisRoy

Edited: 26 September 2012, 08:52
kolkata
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

dear friend

i and my 3friends going for kedartal trek this october 2012 we will reach uttarkashi on 21st pls advice regarding permission and [potter

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

bratodynamite

You may contact the aforesid person (in my last post of this thread) for assistance in trekking.

Edited: 08 October 2012, 07:42
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

we are planning to trek gangotri-kedartal-gangotri-gomukh-tapovan-nananvan-vasukital in may2014. is the route okey? we like to take guide & porter from gangotri.can you suggest some guides with their contact no. what is the current charges of guides an porters? due to lack of time we want to reach vasukital from tapovan & back to nandanvan in a day.is it doable? again as we like to stay a day in kedartal can we come back to gangotri the next day. please suggest an itinerary.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
129 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

Hi Soumitra,

The route seems ok. Plenty of Guides & porters would be available at Gangotri in May. There is fantastic porter named Baliram, a nepali migrant who comes to Gangotri during the season. Ask for him near the GMVN Guest House or near the Permit office.

But my guess is you won't be able to go beyond Tapovan. Last year I was there in the first week of June. Had to return back from halfway to Vasuki Tal, road hadn't open till then. In May, there would be too much of snow. Soft snow on crevasses can become a potential risk factor.

No, you won't be able to do reach Vasuki Tal and then to Nandavan in a day unless you guys are professionals. You should plan to camp at Vasuki Tal and then proceed to Nandanvan on the next day.

Mumbai (Bombay...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

Gonggori--kedar taal is accessable in June end???

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,277 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

Gangotri and Kedartal will be accessible in June, unless there is no natural calamity.

Edited: 08 April 2014, 16:35
Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Gangotri Kedartal Trek

Hi, We are planning for Kedartal trek in 2nd week of Oct 2014. Is it accessable in mid OCT?

Also we want to know about the approximate cost per person for this trek (from Gangotri to kedartal and back).

we are a four members team and we will take porters with us.

Please suggest.

Get answers to your questions about Uttarkashi