We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

New Delhi, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

Hi Friends,

Needs your suggestions to plan my trip to Uttarkashi during mid August, Is this time is ok.. if Not please suggest beat time to visit there.

Also any other place to visit during 15 Aug weekend, I am from Delhi.

Thanks in advance...

New Delhi, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

One more thing, Is it good time visit and trek Uttarkashi in October first week?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,224 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

hi rohit

october first week will be good for trekking near to uttarkashi...can do Dodital trek along with dawara and bakaria pass...can also add dayara bugyal...treks starts from sangamchatti as well as from bhatwari...

New Delhi, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

Thanks Lalbahadur...

I never did any proper tracking, visited Mount Abu and nainital hills before but no proper tracking.

Want to trek to Gangotri. please suggest trek route and How weather will be at that time?

New Delhi, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

Also i am bit confuse between Gangotri and Gomukh :) , Appreciate if you please explain this also.

Sorry for this silly question.

Also which is the best time 15 August or First week of October?

Edited: 23 May 2014, 12:31
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,224 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

Hi rohit

You can go upto gangotri without trekking...trek to gaumukh/tapovan/nandanban starts from here via bhojbasa..

For gaumukh/tapovan you need to get a permit either from uttarkashi or gangotri...its better to take permit from uttarkashi..gaumukh/tapovan is a skilled trek..so I will suggest you to do normal treks first and train yourself for hilly terrain...needs practice...

Till october first week its doable..

It will be your first trek so I will suggest some easy or moderate treks like valley of flower / hemkund saheb etc

Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

As this will be rainy period in hills and also in most part of North India, I suggest to explore nearest hills from Delhi like Lansdowne...an unexplored and scenic destination...

New Delhi, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

Thanks a lot Lalbahadur, for suggesting Valley of Flower. I never heard of it.

Now planning to VOF in july end. will plan uttarkhashi next year in May.

New Delhi, India
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

Thanks lanscastle for the suggestion, will sure check this out.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,224 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

Hi rohit

Valley of flower is the most beautiful place of uttarakhand...me with my friends also going to vof/hemkund/badrinath in aug first week..

I hope you will enjoy every bit of it..also let's pray for good and favorable weather

10. Re: Uttarkashi in August during 15Aug weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:15