We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loud, angry, football, chav tourists? No thanks

Hampshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Loud, angry, football, chav tourists? No thanks

Could anyone tell me what this place really is like? I don't want a really quiet, boring place but would like to avoid massive hotel complexes full of loud, chavy tourist. Please help. I'm looking to go away next year with a family of 4 :)

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Loud, angry, football, chav tourists? No thanks

You are obviously another victim of the belief that Mallorca is a part of Magaluf.

Well, just to clarify, Magaluf (the primary destination of the party animals you seem to be referring to) is a tiny little part of Mallorca, an island a little over 3000 square kilometers, of which Magaluf comprises about 3 square kilometers.

Playa de Muro, is in fact, so far removed from that little strip of partyville, that likely most of the people who go to Magaluf don't even know it exists. In fact, Play de Muro is amongst the best areas of the island to be.

So if you want to avoid what Magaluf offers, just don't go there. One of the great things about Mallorca is that you have about 1000 other choices.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Loud, angry, football, chav tourists? No thanks

You only want what most of us want . We all go to Majorca for a bit of fun without going OTT . Most of the island is like that but sometimes we get unlucky . The chances of meeting that sort of person that you disapprove of in Playa de Muro is minimal . I found PdM a little too quiet ( for me ) but it is a lovely place with a stunning beach .

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loud, angry, football, chav tourists? No thanks

It's not really a going out resort, most of the large hotels are AI. There are a handful of places to eat and drink but it is very quiet. Most people get a cab or bus to the port of alcudia or the bellvue strip for an evening out.

4. Re: Loud, angry, football, chav tourists? No thanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Playa de Muro
Recent Conversations