We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at Hotel

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Food at Hotel

Can someone tell me what the food is like at The Grupotel Los Principles hotel please?

I like british food and salads etc on holiday and wondered how I would get on at this hotel as staying half board.

Are cooked breakfasts done?

Thanks

Edited: 27 August 2013, 19:24
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at Hotel

Relax. The standard of hotels in Playa de Muro is excellent. It is what the main clientele (from Germany) demands. You won't get British food as such but you can expect international food that is acceptable to British palates. Plenty of pork (like it?) and fish/shellfish and extensive salad buffets.

Cooked breakfasts for sure with show-cooking of omelettes/waffles/pancakes.Full English if you want it though for me they don't get the bacon,sausage and beans right-it's a raw ingredient quality issue I think.

I too like salads. Very often I will have a steak off the show griddle beef/gammon/pork escalope,or slices off the roast joint and take it to the salad buffet instead of having hot veg.

Playa de Muro-lovely non-trash place.Beach to die for. Don't begrudge the Germans who will outnumber you. It is they who set the standard.And they are no worse with the early morning towels on sunbeds than we Brits are.

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at Hotel

Thanks for the info, have u stayed at Los Principles Hotel? Can you give me some examples of what food is available there?

Thanks

liverpool england
Level Contributor
153 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at Hotel

hi we stayed there in may, the food was very good, you could have an english type breakfast, although the sausages were a bit hit and miss, the bacon although streaky was very nice, the chef cooks the eggs any way you want them, of an evening there was always something to satisfy the english palate, as much salad as you wanted, the meal was very nice as were the desserts, we both put near a stone on in weight , this is a super hotel, spotless and very friendly staff, one tip , if you havnt paid the crazy fee for a sea view email the hotel or speak to your hotel provider, ask for a pool view high floor, if you can find my review published late may you will be able to see the sea view we got at no extra charge,

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at Hotel

Hi thanks for the information. We have not paid any extra for a room however I have already emailed the hotel and asked for a seaview or pool room so fingers crossed! Can you give me some examples of what meals were served at dinner/supper time?

liverpool england
Level Contributor
153 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food at Hotel

french fries, potatoes ,steak, pork different meats chicken all kinds of fish, different soups, , lasagne , pizza , dont worry you will always be able to find something you like, you can always return for something else, regards

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food at Hotel

Cheers!

7. Re: Food at Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Playa de Muro
Recent Conversations