We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Mai Khao

Which Mai Khao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance Mai Khao

I think I have located Renaissance on GoogleEarth.

About 1km South of Marriott and 1 km North of Holiday Inn.

Seems to be 250 metres South of Sala. What confuses me is that it is marked as "Maikhao Dream Villas and Resort" on GoogleEarth. Is that a previous name or do i have wrong location?

The road runs along what looks like a lake. Are there any restaurants and Bars close by or on the beach ? Thanks.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

The Renaissance is North of Maikao Dream two of these are different hotels. It is just in front of the lake (lagoon) you have seen on Google Earth. Yes it is a local restaurant and bar near by. It close to both JW Marriotte and Sala Phuket

Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

Thanks Sonthaya. Are the Restaurant / Bars on the Beach or along the Road North or South of Renaissance ?. How far? Thanks for your information. John

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

It is by the beach and another place is Turtle Cove next to Anantara Resort few min a way by drive (15-20 min walk)

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

It is by the beach and another place is Turtle Cove next to Anantara Resort few min a way by drive (15-20 min walk)

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

There are numerous make-shift huts that have food and drink. Also little massage huts , both of which I haven't tried. We had the breakfast buffet today at the Renaissance , $15 US per person. It was an amazing spread and I highly recommend it. The service was impeccable!

We did try Bentleys pub at the nearby turtle village. It was ok. Not cheap. There's also a coffee shop and ice cream parlour there which I didn't try. The nearby JW Marriott has a nice casual coffee shop on the beach level. Serves breakfast ,lunch and dinner and snacks. Out on the main road is a little mini mart which Manop drove us to en route to the hotel. I would NOT recommend you walk there.

We are staying at the JW and it is a great property also. The baby elephants are a HIT and they come out a few times daily to play with the guests.

Hope this helps :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

Hi Lahaina. I am trying to decide between the Marriott and the Renaissance. I am by myself and have friends staying at the Marriott’s Phuket Beach Club and was thinking of staying down the road so we can 'share' the two resorts.

If you have stayed at both which would you recommend?

thanks

Anthony

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

Aloha Anthony. We stayed at the JW and loved it. To mix things up we decided to have breakfast at the Renaissance and LOVED that also! Staff was amazing and much more personal than JW. However, we did not experience any other outlet at the R so I can't tell you much more about the R. Pool at the R looked small. JW's pool is HUGE, plus they have 3 pools there. And there's 2 baby elephants that come to visit a few times a day at JW. If we had to do it all again I would not change a thing! I would catch the free tuk-tuk to R daily for breakfast and stay @ JW. Hope this helps.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

Thanks for your quick reply. - What service!

Renaissance seems kind of like a honeymoon spot and the pool does look pretty small in comparison. I'm kind of still torn though as I can head to the Marriott to see my friends and hang out in their pool. I like the idea of having my own getaway also :)

To make it more confusing the price is pretty identical for the time I'm staying. Who said women can't make up their minds??

I'll make sure I post after the trip. It's my first time to Thailand so I'm getting super pumped

London
Level Contributor
66 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

I have just booked 4 nights at the Renaissance in August for my family including our 3 kids 8 to 14.

Did consider the JW but wanted to more modern R. My only issue now is the kids. Can I assume that we can just go to JW anytime and just use the facilities?

Also is it best to walk up the beach to JW?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renaissance Mai Khao

i just stayed at the renaissance and it was tremendous. the hotel is small and intimate. i imagine the marriott is quite large and sprawling. yes, the pool at the renaissance is small but go in the ocean - it's big!