We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Diving

Hi everyone,

Looking for some help! Was meant to be off to Tawau in Borneo however with the recent news there, and foreign office advising to stay away we have moved our trip to Mai Khao in Phuket. Does anyone know where the best dive centres are around here, my partner and I need to finish our open water diving course here?

Appreciate any help please!

Thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving

There are 2 DC's based in the direct vicinity there. One, Sea Bees, will take you to Chalong Pier and finish the course from there, the other one, H2O, operates more locally there.

Also any other Divecenter can help you with this and conduct the course starting from Chalong Pier, and quite often that will be cheaper than the earlier mentioned options.

Thalang District...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving

There is a dive center right at Mai Khao Beach, located in the JW Marriott. It is a branch office from indeed Sea Bees diving, but they will do all Theory and Pool training in their dive center in Mai Khao. For the open water dives, you indeed have to go to Chalong, or in the period Nov-April, you have the option to go to the Similan Islands.

none
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving

Do you have any dive shops in mind? We are staying in Mai Khao and it looks like Sea Bees is quite expensive. I am PADI OW certified and my boyfriend will need to complete his PADI OW referral while we're there. Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,733 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving

See bees is an excellent outfit. Worth the extra

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving

Sea Bees is an SSI center, and officially not allowed to offer PADI courses.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,733 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving

In any case Mitchell, Stevenl and RingO, destination experts on the Phuket Forum, are in the dive business and you can send them private messages to see if they can find you something that meets your needs.

7. Re: Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:16