We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

Hi has anyone stayed here any advise for us, we are going half board and have the choice of either lunch or dinner at the hotel, this is our first holiday with no kids so we are looking forward to some freedom.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

B&B would have been the way to go, as food outside is cheap and delicious. Plus having a half board arrangement is not too practical if you want day trips etc.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

thanks for your reply, we are happy with half board as we dont intend to do an awful lot, just relax, I think that we would just like the names of some of the local restaruants so we have some options, also if anyone has stayed at the Dusit Thani if they know which room numbers we should be looking for or is it all lovely I hope so.

melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

We stayed at the Dusit Thani in January of 2010. We have also stayed at Laguna Beach Resort.

Dusit Thani was fabulous and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a pool villa. These are brand new and really good.

Half board will be good but check that you can use it in other hotels located within Laguna. You then might be able to go to lunch at Sheraton or Banyan Tree. I would go breakfast and lunch as you may want to try some of the other restaurants in the area for dinner. The Dusit's Italian restaurant is really good for dinner.

We usually had lunch by the pool which is very nice and breakfast buffet is also great.

Service at the Dusit was wonderful and couldnt be faulted.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

thank you so much how much did you have to pay for your upgrade and was it worth it ?....It sounds very good advice I am thinking the same as you lunch at the hotel and then a wander out on an evening..................

melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

No we didnt pay for our upgrade. We were travelling with our two grown up children and had requested interconnecting rooms. I had saved and printed all my paperwork that I had emailed to the hotel. ( I always do this in case something goes wrong).

When we arrived they had made a mistake with our booking so I think they felt obliged to upgrade us. It was pretty busy in the resort at the time.

The pool villas are fantastic but very expensive.

I havent seen the other rooms so cant comment but the resort itself is really lovely.

Im sure you will have a fantastic time.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

Thank you so much you are right I am sure we will have a great time..............

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

We stayed at the Sheraton but went and looked at the Dusit Thani and it did look very nice. There are places to eat all along the beach and one that I would recommend for a nice evening meal is the Lotus. The food was lovely and they have singers to entertain you.Lotus will pick you up and take you back to your hotel for free, I liked to tip the drivers though. I am sure you will have a lovely time there, I would love to go back and would stay at the Sheraton or the Dusit.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

thank you thats very reassuring...................

melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

I have eaten at Lotus several times. Most of them were nice but last time we didnt book until that night and got a terrible table right up the back near some very smelly sewerage pipes.

Service was pretty average.

Make sure you book as soon as you can so you get a good table.

SG
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dusit Thani Hotel phuket

Hi. How to book the Lotus restaurant ? What would the estimated price be for 4 adults and 2 very kids? Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Choeng Thale