We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dusit Thani - oprganising transport

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dusit Thani - oprganising transport

Hi

I am staying at Dusit Thani in November 11 with a large group and I want to organise a fun dinner for the group at a restuarant nearby (perhaps Taste).

Has anyone had any experience with asking the hotel to organise transport for a large group? I will have about 20 people so I will need a small bus or multiple cars...

Thanks!

Sarah

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dusit Thani - oprganising transport

Oops, that should read organising transport.

Also, any suggestions for nice restaurants that will happily accommodate a large group are extremely welcome!

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dusit Thani - oprganising transport

There are plenty of private taxi people out front of the Dusit Thani. If you contact them a day in advance, I am sure they can find what you want/need. They all know each other and have access to vans buses etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dusit Thani - oprganising transport

I'd definitely contact the restaurant and ask for free transport there and back. Doesn't hurt to ask ! I have been in a big van that held 20, but it's uncommon. As mentioned, the local drivers will get you whatever you need.

Be aware that hire is per van, not per person. Because the group is so large they may try and sting you for the fare. I think it was 600 baht to Patong ? So Surin should be less, even if in a big van. They will wait for you or get you to call when you are ready to go back, at no extra charge.

4. Re: Dusit Thani - oprganising transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Choeng Thale
Recent Conversations