We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally :) Hotels bookes now where to eat lol

dubai
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Finally :) Hotels bookes now where to eat lol

Hi All,

25 sleeps to go .. but who’s is counting 

I finally confirmed our hotels booking, few nights at Dusit Thani and 2 night at Twin palms, I hope you can help me with my below qs, since we are not going to do anything but swim, relax, eat and enjoy some massages 

1- Dusit Thani : Good recommended restaurant within the hotel and around, 10-15 min walking.

2- Dusit Thani: nice thai massage around the hotel.

3- Twin Palm : Good recommended restaurant within the hotel and around, 10-15 min walking.

4- Twin Palm: nice thai massage around the hotel.

Thank you all …

dubai
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally :) Hotels bookes now where to eat lol

Ooops wrong Forum

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
175 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally :) Hotels bookes now where to eat lol

Hi Najla,

I can answer your questions really easily so let me start with Dusit Thani.

As you know, the Dusit Thani is located within the Laguna complex. The complex is huge, with lots of options within the complex itself, but there's not a lot close by. I think they designed it that way to keep the $'s within the hotels.

You may have better luck if you head down to the beach. You'll find some restaurants and bars there, and the better ones are towards Bang Tao Village (when you get to the beach turn left and walk from there). There's little bars and bigger ones that are almost like beach clubs and I've heard good things about a place called the Babylon Beach Club.

Do a search on the TA forums under Bang Tao, as this is the beach that the Dusit Thani is located on.

As you're staying at Dusit Thani you can visit the restaurants in all the Laguna complex hotels but they are quite pricey in comparison to outside places. The Laguna complex has little buses and boats that will take you around the complex so it makes it easy. If you get over to the Laguna Beach, walk down past the pool to the beach then turn left and just along there is a restaurant called Tom Yum Goong. It's great - food is yum and it's not expensive. We've had lots of great meals there.

Cherng Talay village is nearby and if you're after something other than Thai food then perhaps give Flame a try. You'll see reviews for them here too. But avoid Chaba as it is really expensive and not very good and the service is awful.

You'll have to catch taxis if you want to go anywhere outside the complex, so keep that in mind if you're watching your dollars.

Twin Palms is also a little isolated, as it's on a headland. There are a few small bars/restaurants along the cliff top, but I haven't tried them can't recommend any one in particular. But I can recommend the Spice Terrace restaurant which is located in the Ayara Hilltops resort at Surin Beach which is close by. We stayed at Ayara this past December and loved the food, and it wasn't expensive either. It's a beautiful spot for a romantic dinner as it's set overlooking the pool and it's all candlelight and music. We only tried Thai dishes from the menu and I can tell you that everything we had was delicious. We had a Thai friend join us for dinner one night and she's from a family of restauranteurs and really knows her stuff and she thought the food was wonderful. Can't beat that!

Twin Palms is the same as Dusit Thani in that if you want to go anywhere outside then you'll have to catch transport.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally :) Hotels bookes now where to eat lol

Hi, don't know your resort choices but a MUST do dining is the boathouse in kata beach. Probably been there 10 times since 2006 and it is fantastic every time. Suggest just doing the degustation.

Have a great trip.

4. Re: Finally :) Hotels bookes now where to eat lol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Choeng Thale