We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going from Pleiku to Hoi An

Los Angeles...
1 post
Going from Pleiku to Hoi An

Hi,

Can anyone give me a travel tip to go from Pleiku to Hoi An. By air i know there VN airline, Does it worth to take the public van ( from Mai Linh company). Or is there any public transportation by bus, van going to Hoi An or Da Nang. How many hours will it take and what is the cost. Thanks so much for any suggestion and info.

6 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Going from Pleiku to Hoi An

Flying? Better be soon, before Pleiku closes....

>http://www.thesaigontimes.vn/127128/San-bay-Pleiku-dong-cua-tu-15-3-de-nang-cap-duong-bang.html

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,156 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Going from Pleiku to Hoi An

If you have time you could get to Hoi An via Kon Tum. I think from Kon Tum to Danag takes 5 houes.

As an more adventurous option you get check if you can get an easy rider to get to Hoi An by bike. The area is absolute lovely, itmwould be a shame not tomreally expereince it (if time permits obviously)

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
3. Re: Going from Pleiku to Hoi An

Hi,

I think, If you want to save time and visit many places more, you should fly from Pleiku airport to Hoi an. Also, it’s expensive to take a public van from Pleiku to Hoi an. In addition, from Pleiku to Hoi an is 364 km, so it’s very far.

Also, from Da Nang to Hoi an is 35 km, so you can take a bus or van, only takes 30-45 minutes. The price is not expensive.

Have a nice trip!

UK
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Going from Pleiku to Hoi An

Are there flights to Hoi An? I think you mean Danang. In any case, Pleiku airport will be CLOSED as of the 15th.

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
2 posts
111 reviews
5. Re: Going from Pleiku to Hoi An

This post is a few years old now, but I came upon it when searching for how to get from Banlung, Cambodia to Hoi An. Now that I've made the trip I would like to point out that you can take a bus from the main station (Doc Lung Gia Lai on GoogleMaps) to Da Nang for about $8. Most of them are night buses that leave around 7pm. When we came through, all buses were booked for Tet holiday, so I don't know if it's possible to arrive in the afternoon and get a ticket to leave that night. We had to wait a few days. There's also some buses that leave in the morning for the same price, but you'll need to spend the night then (I'd suggest the Minh Manh Hotel that's a few minutes walk from the station). If you're coming from Cambodia, you'll probably be dropped near the big roundabout, and an unscrupulous tout will offer you a ride in a cramped van for $30-$40. I wouldn't pay that, but some tourists do (no clue where it will drop off, somewhere around Da Nang). Once you reach the Da Nang Bus Station, you can take the #1 Bus to Hoi An for a $1 or so (runs between 6am and 6pm)

1 post
1 review
6. Re: Going from Pleiku to Hoi An

hello Ryan. I'm planning to cross the border from Cambodia to Vietnam at the same place than you. How did you get the visa for vietnam. I'm trying to apply online and it seems that this specific border crossing doesn't accept e-visa. Did you apply for it at the vietnam embassy?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

Reply to: Going from Pleiku to Hoi An
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pleiku
Recent Conversations