We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM First Timer

Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
EPM First Timer

My wife and I just booked our very first week long vacation and we've chosen EPM! We're both extremely excited but have so many questions. We've never been to an all inclusive. I'm looking for some tips from the pros. What do you wish that you would've known the first time you visited EPM? Are there any other sites or pages that we can visit that help to answer these questions or that provides some great tips?

Thanks!

All-inclusive hotels in Playa Mujeres
Beloved Playa Mujeres
Beloved Playa Mujeres
#1 of 8 hotels in Playa Mujeres
Excellence Playa Mujeres
Excellence Playa Mujeres
#2 of 8 hotels in Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
Finest Playa Mujeres
#3 of 8 hotels in Playa Mujeres
Texas
Level Contributor
108 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM First Timer

The best site to get information on EPM is here and the fan fb page. It is a group listed under "We Love Excellence Playa Mujeres", just request to join and it will be approved. There is a ton of information there. I'm sure someone will answer your question here as well though. Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Excellence Playa Mujeres
Excellence Playa Mujeres
13,438 Reviews
Playa Mujeres, Mexico
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,242 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM First Timer

Hi

Happy to answer any questions you may have about the property

We have been several times and after a gap of two years will be returning this September

My main tips are if anything is not quite right or if you need anything mention in to the concierge staff right away as they want all guests to have a perfect trip

Try to take a little time out to do some planning to make sure you do not miss anything that is on offer you would like to do / see - study the nightly newsletter

Try and vary where we have the three main meals of the day as there are so many choices

Do not be frightened to ask for something to be made less or more spicy

Talk with the staff and try to have a laugh with some of them

Try and avoid a restaurant that has been closed the previous evening as it may have a wait time

Most important of all have fun

Dorset
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM First Timer

Make sure that you take enough sunscreen. The sun in Mexico is very powerful and sunscreen in the hotel shop is very expensive. If you take cameras, phones, tablets etc, it's a good idea to take a 3 or 4 way extension cable because there are not many mains outlets in the room.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Charlotte,NC
Level Contributor
702 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM First Timer

You can to do tons of searches on here for tips, what to pack, airport, etc. Try to keep an open mind. Don't get caught up with the "what's the best room", " what alcohol is in the room", " what perks should I ask for?"

Every room with exception of the Imperial Suites/Honeymoon suites are the same.

You have picked a wonderful resort. You will be spoiled for all future vacations. We love the surprises that EPM provides for us. We have been to EPM over 10 times now and haven't found anything better.

As far as my tip- have your swimsuit, hat, cover-up, flip-flops in your carry-on. After you check in, CHANGE INTO YOUR SWIMSUIT! You have full access to the entire resort. Your room may not be ready until 3:00, start your vacation when you arrive.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
714 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM First Timer

Make sure you read up on arriving in the Cancun airport. Do not stop to talk to anyone in the airport after you pick up your bags. Make your way out the doors where all transportation is waiting. Anyone in the airport are time share sharks just waiting to sucker someone in. It could really ruin your trip if you let your guard down.

Enjoy your trip, you will have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun Airport
Cancun Airport
Cancun, Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM First Timer

You will not be disappointed! Flipflop man had some great tips for you!

Dont be too shy about asking staff about things you may want or arent finding. The excellence staff are such an amazing group!

I suggest trying both the grill as well as the buffet for lunch. Most of the beach lunches are pretty good. sometimes we eat at one of the restaurants and then again on the beach!

The sweet shop is a great place to stop for coffee and dessert and is a newer addition to the resort!

Definitely bring more sunscreen than you think you will need!

Enjoy!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
444 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM First Timer

HI,

I am heading there for the first time in December. I joined the Facebook Group. It has given me great insight but it's also just a fun page to be on. People post lots of daily pics and also give great advice and have discussions.

I originally booked my transfer service through the hotel but changed to Liam Dodd. He seems to be a popular choice amongst the group and the quote he gave me was half what Seasons gave me. You can easily find him on Facebook.

Ridgefield...
Level Contributor
400 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM First Timer

I'd recommend bringing plenty of ones and fives (USD) for tips. It's certainly not required, but will help ensure you get great service, and is much appreciated (and deserved) by the staff.

Certain areas of the beach and pool can get kind of crowded in terms of available loungers. I found there were plenty of great spots back near the lazy river, and we got great poolside service back there as well.

Personally I recommend avoiding all day excursions. since you are paying for such a great resort, it makes sense to me to just enjoy and relax. I did however find a short evening private sail great. We booked through the resort with "sailing mare", highly recommended.

I enjoyed a split trip with epm and beloved (next door), 4 days in each. something to consider.

Have a blast!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM First Timer

The most important thing to know is that the bottle opener in the rooms is mounted in the wall in the bathroom.

You're all set now, have a great trip :)

Edited: 25 March 2017, 20:30
Franklin Square...
Level Contributor
186 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM First Timer

Simple - Almost 6 years since we went, and I'm still trying to figure that one out.