We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Excellence

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,977 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Excellence

Hi all

Arrived after a very long 10 hour flight with no IFE which made the flight even longer

Getting through Cancun Airport was a breeze apart from us having to open one suitcase for inspection - I think they were getting to see if I was importing vast quantities of tube socks

Private transfer here was also OK and after a couple of hicups with our room we are all sorted now

Have already chatted to some staff we met last year and after a shower in a minute we are going to have a drink on out RTT and then dine in the Spice tonight and by the time we have a drink in the X Lounge we will have been awake for just about 24 hours

More on Wednesday

PS It is good to be back to one of our second homes as it does feel like that

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Excellence

I'm so glad you made it. 10 hour flight! WOW! I would need a bottle of something! Hope you have a wonderful relaxing time and will be looking forward to all the live post.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Excellence

Hola flip!

Just had to catch up with you to wish you a grand time on your vacation! And by the way, no need for tube sox when you have your flipflops with you....tackkkkkkyyyyyyyyyyy!

Relax, enjoy and you and Mrs. flipflop have a warm vacation!

All the best,

Oceangirl

xoxoxoxoxo

Detroit
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Excellence

Glad to hear that you made it, and all appears well.

We'll see you for a drink on Saturday, and look forward to your live thread until then.

Dallas
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Excellence

Looking forward to continued Live comments...we arrive on Friday!

Boise, Idaho
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Excellence

flipflop man....I have been reading many reviews on TA and checking the forum daily. My wife and I are going to EPM in novemner for the first time. We have a swim up suite. Have you stayed in one before and how are they? Thanks...Lou

Kansas City
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Excellence

I am sure you had the feeling that it would never come. It is so much easier for us Yanks.. Only within a few time zones.

Congrats, and see you on Tuesday.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Excellence

Hello flip, could not resist to drop in - glad you made the trip OK. Cheers Penny

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Excellence

Which room did you get this time around?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Excellence

Glad you arrived safe and sound. Thanks for all the information you have posted, it made us decide to go for our holiday in July. Have a great holiday - by the way it is raining here!! (Merseyside)

Leicester
Level Contributor
208 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Excellence

Glad you made it FFM. Have a great first full day. Who did you fly with though and what was the problem with the IFE? Maybe I better buy an extra book just in case!