We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

White Plains, NY
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

This will be our 2nd trip to EPM, I love this place but trying to find the best price. Any suggestions?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

We have always found Orbitz to have very good prices - especially if you have a trip that qualifies for the $200 discount code.

Toronto
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

i booked one week prior to departure and seemed to get a good deal.

the price was higher before that, and went up right after we booked.

itravel2000.com is who i always go through.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

We have just been researching a trip from Canada to EPM and booked the resort and flight separately for a savings of at least $500 Can per person for the room category we wanted. We did manage to get a great seat sale for the flights and THEN booked the accomodation within days of getting the flights.

We booked for the first time through thetropicaltravellers.com. Jennifer there gave us the best deal of any of the American online travel sites. Good communication too. She is able to do the whole package for you with flights - resort - transfers but we got such a great deal on the direct flight with a really good schedule so opted for resort - transfer only.

milwaukee
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

We deal with Jennifer at www.thetropicaltravelers.com also. Very good information on the resort for a first time traveler and as previous poster mentioned, the best prices we found.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

I've booked with Cheaptickets both times with good results.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

How did I miss this thread before? We just booked with our travel agent today. I had checked all the travel sites I knew of (and that was a LOT of sites) just to make sure she was getting us the best deal, and her price matched or beat everything I saw online. Now I'm curious about thetropicaltravelers.com!

Just to confirm I got a good deal, I filled out their quote form. I got an email back saying Jennifer is out of the office until next week, so I guess I wouldn't have been able to book with her this week anyway. But I'll try to remember that one for next time!

Our TA said that traditionally the best time to book was about 4-6 weeks before travel, but lately that hasn't been the case. Most of the best deals now are WAY in advance, or if you get lucky you can catch a last minute sale if the airlines/resorts aren't full. She did say business seems to be up again lately, though, so if you're not flexible in your plans you shouldn't count on a last minute deal.

NYC
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

jennifer at the tropical travelers. she was really great - she got us an excellent price, was always in communication with us, and was really personable as well. we'll continue to use her for tropical vacations, no question.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

I just booked for the week of february 18th - 25th 2010 with Red Tag.ca for $2019 each CDN

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

I did get a reply from Jennifer pretty quickly given that she was out of town, and she was quite chatty/informative about things, so that was nice to see.

However, the price she quoted was about $500 more, and it was a connecting flight--we booked a direct flight at that lower price. So I'm feeling good about the deal I got through my local TA!

I don't know if there are Canadian packages/deals that a TA in the US can't access or what, but every US TA I've talked to has been unable to find the bargains that I can either find myself online or through my local TA. On the other hand, for my family in the US, they can often get a good deal--just something to keep in mind for anyone else traveling from within Canada.

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who do you recommend to book thru for best prices to EPM?

you know what guys I do a bit of travelling; well a lot actually and I find if you need a late bargain (mainly packages)-not so much flights I find expedia/lastminute.com offer same packages that are unsold from travel agents and they are usually same price, same deal sometimes cheaper and takes 2 mins and cuts out the hassle and wait-hard to believe as expedia can be expensive otherwise