We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest Review

Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Latest Review

Okay, it has been almost a year since I've been to EPM but a "swinger vibe"? Topless bathing is common in Europe (I've been to the south of France where it is more common then wearing your top) but swinging is a whole different thing. Would love to hear what others have to say about this...so bring it on......

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest Review

Huh, I haven't heard anybody discuss swinging at EPM...where did you get this? I'm going because I like Excellence properties and to play golf. Whatever anyone else decides to do is up to them. I don't think it's any of my business.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest Review

Okay, read it, ridiculous. Whatever happened...remove yourself...who would let something so trivial ruin their trip!!

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
321 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest Review

No swingers when we were there in April otherwise we would not be going back again this April. Must be just the group that was there at the time. Not many topless either. There are so many pools and hot tubs that if you don't like whats going on at one you can just move to another. We had no problem finding privacy. Sorry their trip was not good.

Red Sox Nation
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest Review

Read it too - sounds like there was an issue with EVERYTHING. Seriously - complaining about the sheets? I have to wonder if this person is wrapped so tight that they'll find fault no matter what. This review makes me wonder if it's even real - perhaps a competitor trying to shake up the market a bit?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest Review

Maybe the people who wrote the review titled "Very Good, But..." were there at the same time. Look at their screen name...hello!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest Review

BTW - Odds are that at any given time, there are people there that do enjoy that lifestyle but seeing as most are very discreet in mixed company, you would never know it. If you are seeking it then chances are you will find it.

North Wales
Level Contributor
183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest Review

Im at the hotel at the moment and cant believe the review. I can only presume that the couple in question have some serious personal issues. I talk to people in the hot tub (with my top on!!!) and people talk to us. Luckily were I come from its called chatting and making friends. We discuss the hotel, where we are from, what we all do, which are our favourite restaurants ect and then usually meet for drinks per dinner. However the only thing we have swapped are e-mail addresses. Ive only seen a couple of women topless sunbathing and thats not been around the main pool. Ive found this resort to be very friendly and I think thats down to the atmosphere created by the hard working staff. Why do some people take holidays when you can stay at home and be miserable.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,215 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest Review

We never saw or spoke to any swingers. Not even sure what that is.

Everyone we met were nice people.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest Review

We never saw anything like this at all. In fact there were very few topless women the week we went and they were all at the beach. It was probably a very isolated incident.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest Review

"We never saw or spoke to any swingers"

How do you know that?

"Everyone we met were nice people"

So swingers aren't nice people?

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres