We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At EPM right now!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
At EPM right now!

Arrived Dec. 5, waited about 3 hours for our room but we were upgraded to an Excellence room which made the wait easier to take. Dinner last night at the Lobster House - not so good - won't be returning to that restaurant. Breakfast at the Barcelona buffet was awesome - the best buffet breakfast we have ever had. Lunch later at the Grill was also very good. We haven't yet decided where to go for dinner but I hope it is better than yesterday. We have spent alot of time discussing the differences between EPM and the Iberostar Grand and later in the week I plan to share what we view as the pros and cons of each with you.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At EPM right now!

LittleRed.....was your room delay due to the 3:00 p.m. check-in (did you get there earlier) or other? We will be arriving well before 3:00 p.m. so just want to be prepared.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: At EPM right now!

We arrived at the resort at around 11:15 AM, so yes, we were quite early but that is when our flight landed.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: At EPM right now!

Hi LittleRed,

I'm eager to hear your comparison to the Grand. We just got back from the Grand last week and absolutely loved it. (A little disappointed in the food but nothing that would keep me from going back.) We are already planning a return trip. Originally we were going to try EPM and then switched to the Grand. I had the hardest time deciding.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Kim

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: At EPM right now!

Keep on having fun and I look forward to hearing how you feel it compares to the Grand

Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: At EPM right now!

I am trying to decide between the Grand and EPM right now. Its about a $700 difference so I am excited to here your thoughts on the differences between the two. Does EPM have lemonaide and iced tea available? My DH loves Arnold Palmers on a hot day and this is his only request, along with no Corona beer! Do you remember what beer is available? Thanks and enjoy your vacation!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: At EPM right now!

I'm interested in hearing about the pool temperatures? Also, any plans to golf?

Minus 20 this morning, minus 29 with the windchill. Enjoy!

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: At EPM right now!

Wow, minus 29 with wind chill at home - I am so not missing THAT!

The sun was shining all day today and now I have racoon eyes from my sunglasses.

Dinner last night at Chez Isabelle much better than the Lobster House but it still didn't bowl me over. So far I would say that breakfast is much better here, but I prefer lunch and supper at The Grand.

POOL TEMP. The pool with the swim-up bar seems to be heated, but not any of the others that I have been in. Hot tubs are hot.

BEER They serve Sol, Dos Equis, and Coors Light

LEMONADE & ICED TEA - I don't know but will find out

GOLF - No plans for it

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: At EPM right now!

just a note.. the dos equis is not the dark amber one in the brown bottles. it's the ale/lighter color in green bottle.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: At EPM right now!

Like others, I'm eagerly awaiting your comparison with the Grand! Not that I want to keep you from the sun and the beach, of course. :-)

We were pretty definitely leaning toward the Grand, but then our TA came back with some prices that put the EPM at about $1000 less for the week (for 2). We COULD afford that difference, but are thinking it's probably not worth it. I mean, the nicer wine list and other features at the Grand are nice--but for $1000 I can stock my home wine cellar with some REALLY nice stuff and enjoy it over way more than 1 week, right?

We're probably going to book it today or tomorrow. Waiting for my husband to confirm his vacation time--he was supposed to do that when we first started checking prices, but didn't. So now I can't book until he hears back!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: At EPM right now!

About Dos Equis Amber... They definitely had it when I was there in October. I drank a lot of it!! Maybe it's changed since then?