We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Trips

Hi all,

I'm off the EPM on the 7th Feb and just have a couple of questions -

How much are trips to places like Chitchen Itza or Tulum from the hotel?

Also, someone else mentioned on here an evening trip to Cancun with drinks included - has anyone else heard of that and do you know how much it is?

Just trying to figure out how much to take.

Also, its my 30th birthday while we're there - is it worth telling them in advance or does it sound like we're expecting something!

Thanks in advance

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Dallas
Level Contributor
320 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips

mrs_kb1,

You definitely need to let them know it is your birthday. They will make it even more special for you! I don't know about the trips, when we go we don't leave the resort. We just love it there and don't want to miss the time at EPM.

You will have a great birthday!!

MI
Level Contributor
426 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips

We were booked for the 3 bar tour in Cancun. Think it was $67.00. per person. Incl. Ride to CUN, 1 regular bar for awhile, ride to another bar, then get to COCO BONGOS at 1 AM! We decided Coco's was the main bar we really wanted to go to, but not getting there til 1 was really not our thing. I'm 46, BF 48. SOO glad we didn't, because one night we went into CUN on our own and I was ready to go home at 12! We took a taxi from EPM into CUN, had dinner, bar hopped Pat Obriens, Senor FRogs and Margaritaville. Pat's was the best, besides a wonderful dinner at Puerto Madero. Taxi was $90. for the whole time with us. He just waited for us and drove us around. Had him for 8 hours or so. Didn't want to spend $60 some per person (drinks incl.), just to go to COco's. Hear it's a great place, a must do, and you're young, so go for it, but maybe just on your own, or if you get a group together. I've heard the other 2 bars they take you to, are just regular little bars.

We didn't do any other tours, but we did Isla Mujeres for the day, which is in my review, about 5 or 6 pages in. That was a great day and BF wants to spend a week there, now. . I've heard Chitchen Itza is great, but it's an 11 hour day. 2 hour drive there, 2 hr. ride back. There's some great pix in here of the cenote? Did hear of some great diving trips off Isla. Tulum, ?. Ferry to Isla is $11. pp, I think. Golf cart $40 for the day. $20 or so to take taxi to ferry. Have a great time and a fun birthday! You're lucky to be going to such a great place at your age! I had never been to one until 44 y.o. Hope this helps!

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips

If you want to do a big day trip like Tulum, I recommend Edventure Tours. We used them last year and it was a very nice day, and I have friends who also had a great trip with them. You can (and should, I think) pre-book online before you get there.

We were interested in doing another trip with them this year, with different destinations, but the distance from EPM is so great that we've opted not to book anything as we'd rather not spend half a day in the car. We'll probably do a day trip to Isla Mujeres, but we'll see.

4. Re: Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 07:16