We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Booked at EPM over Thanksgiving! Few Questions....

Mississippi
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Booked at EPM over Thanksgiving! Few Questions....

I just booked our 7 night stay at EPM over Thanksgiving 2010 and I have already stalked all of Trip Advisor. Any suggestions would be great! Here our some of my questions, however negative or postive responses will not make or break my trip. We plan to have a great time either way....

We have both been to Mexico before, Fiance and I went on a cruise to Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen. I have been to an AI south of Cancun as well.

1) What will the temp. be like over Thanksgiving? I am hoping for a warm beach vacation.

2) We are 23 and 25 will we be the youngest ones there?

3) Both of us LOVE sushi but I have read some negative things about it at EPM. Should we just stay away and not be dissapointed? :)

4) Booked an EC swim up room... what are those REALLY like?

Any suggestions are welcome...

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Booked at EPM over Thanksgiving! Few Questions....

We have been to the area three times around Thanksgiving and weather has run the gamut from perfect to chilly. Pool and sea temps are a bit cold for me at this time of year but I live in FL.

As for sushi, I did not care for the quality, taste and texture of what was served at EPM. It is a rare AI resort that has great sushi IME but I suspect it depends on what you are used to. No reason not to try it though as there is no cost and you might find it to be just fine.

There were plenty of young couples when we went, so no worries. You will fit right in.

Can't say about the room as we do not book swim ups.

Have a fabulous honeymoon!

Edited: 01 February 2010, 12:05
Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Booked at EPM over Thanksgiving! Few Questions....

As caviargal mentioned, weather varies but you could get some lovely weather. You will not be the youngest, we saw people of all ages at the resort and many were like you on their honeymoons (or celebrating anniversaries). I personally was very disappointed last Feb with the sushi, as was my husband. We eat it a lot at home and the only AI we actually liked the sushi was back in 08 at Dreams (they surprising had quite a selection). We thought the selection ay EPM was small and we were not impressed with the tuna in any of their restaurants (I am a big fan of rare tuna). With that in mind, we are returning to EPM in two weeks and probably will give their sushi another try but are not going in with high expectations. As for the swim up, I don't like the ones they have at EPM. They are not what I would call a swim up (compared to a place like EDR). You are on the ground floor (which hinders your privacy) and you have a grassy area between you and the pool. Some people like this but I prefer to be higher up. If you look back at some of the pictures posted, you will see what these look like. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Edited: 01 February 2010, 16:57
Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Booked at EPM over Thanksgiving! Few Questions....

There are definitely others here in their early to mid twenties, so you'll be at home there. Ages range quite a bit, really, so pretty much every age group would be comfortable I think.

We haven't tried the sushi yet, but are headed to Spice tonight I think, so perhaps we can comment on that later.

I'm with the other posters in that I don't think I would enjoy a swim-up room as much. We're on the 3rd floor, which I'm enjoying--a fair amount of privacy (especially in the location we're in--building 7 facing the small pool/La Amada/ocean), and a great view. I would miss the view if I were on the ground floor, I think. We can see Isla Mujeres in the distance, and this week we can see the storm clouds out there, too!

Central Wisconsin
Level Contributor
726 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Booked at EPM over Thanksgiving! Few Questions....

Having been to EPM twice and returning in three weeks, I can state with confidence that you should have a wonderful honeymoon. The resort is very romatic and you will not be the only couple there in your twenties.

The sushi is a pass most days, but some days, actually acceptable. I prefer sashimi, and it appeared the only place to truly get that was at Spice. Did not try it there because we were disappointed with our meals there the one time we tried there.

Temps vary that time of year, but I am sure you will have a great trip.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Booked at EPM over Thanksgiving! Few Questions....

Thank you all! I don't know if I can really wait until Thanksgiving!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Booked at EPM over Thanksgiving! Few Questions....

Any more suggestions?

7. Re: Honeymoon Booked at EPM over Thanksgiving! Few Questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 06:16