We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

UK
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

Hi guys

just wondered if there are many gay or lesbian couples who holiday at EPM?

We are off to EPM in April and are hoping to not be the only same sex couple there, looking forward to relaxing in the great atmosphere you all describe.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

Hi

We have seen a few same sex couples at all three Excellence Resorts and they all appeared to be having a great time

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

We also saw gay couples at EPM and they were having a very good time!

Come join the party at EPM. No one cares if you are gay or straight.

Just a great resort for every guest!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

Juniper -

When in April will you be there?? We will be there 4/19-4/26.

UK
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

1travelinman

we are at epm 4/17 to 5/1. Can't wait!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,021 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

we met a fantastic gay couple at EPM last year and became great friends. They told us that they had some trepidation about going, but were so pleased at how welcomed everyone made them to feel. Don't even worry about it!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

Recently returned. Hotel was at 70+% capacity. In my( hetrosexual )opinion, there may have been approximately 2 percent of guests who were clearly gay. There may have been another 30 percent, possibly more or less,who were not. They were all very discreet, which we felt must have been a difficult task in such a romantic resort, but probably appreciated by some guests, but the rooms are so lovely that all guests -no matter what their sexuality, can do the romance and all the lovey dovey balloney within their own confinements, (which is appreciated by most of us loved ups) in this fantastic, romantic resort, regardless of your sexuality.

Edited: 03 March 2010, 00:19
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

Hi Juniper

I'm sure you'll have a good time and hopefully nobody will make you feel uncomfortable. I think it's all about people's personalities and how easy they are to get along with rather than anything else.

My husband and I are going from 17th April to 1st May so it sounds as if we might have booked the same package - First Choice from Gatwick.

See you there, we're really looking forward to a good break and to some very welcome sunshine.

Andree & Brian

UK
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

Thanks all.

We really can't wait to go now. Really looking forward to the break from work, and getting the most from our first all inclusive.

Andree and brian yes we are on the same package so who knows we could be on the same transfer.

6 weeks on Saturday. We are counting down the days!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

Hey Juniper

We too are on countdown now. Busy most weekends now so it will soon come around. I keep being tempted by the new spring clothes in the shops too!

We've just booked the standard coach transfer so hope it's OK. Reading some of the posts, it seems the access road is a little narrow. Hopefully, the flight will be on time and we will arrive in daylight at least.

Andree

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Many gay/lesbian couple at EPM?

Cool - another couple to add to the festivities! My wife and I arrive on Monday, 4/19 - for a week.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Todd