We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternatives to EPM :(

Suffolk
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Alternatives to EPM :(

I've fallen in love with EPM. Over the last week, I'd firmly settled on it for my late Nov Honeymoon. Sadly however, I fear the temperatures (esp. the pools) will not be condusive to the hot, relaxing holiday we want......I'm one sad bride to be :(

For those of you who love EPM and are better travelled than me, can you recommend any AI, adults-only resorts in warmer winter climes?

Thanks so much in advance x

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

Secrets Santuary in Cap Cana, Punta Cana.

Secret Motego Bay in Jamaica.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

Mattbeth beat me to it. I would have picked the same two.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

I would also definitely consider EPC (Punta Cana) the winter weather in the DR is warmer than in Mexico.

Having been to both I would recommend splurging for a honeymoon suite at EPC, which is probably comparable in price to a jr suite at EPM. EPC is gorgeous and very tropical in mood and appearance.

There is also a quite new Iberostar in Punta Cana - the Grand there looks good to me too.

Good Luck!!

California
Level Contributor
444 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

We loved the Iberostar Grand in Jamaica!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,322 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

i would also reccomend Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana... stunning. Is secrets cap cana open? i thought they were still in construction... on that note, anyone hear about Excellence in jamaica and when it might finally be opened?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

SEcrets Cap Cana is open and being run as an A/I. There are reviews on T/A already.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

"on that note, anyone hear about Excellence in jamaica and when it might finally be opened?"

There are significant environmental issues that need to be addressed in this location. Excellence has said it is on hold due to the economy. Construction was never started.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,322 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

really, never started?? Wow. I am surprised.. when I wa slast at EPM, a couple of stff memebers hs said they were heading down to train new staff. sad to hear this.

boston ma
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

Suffolkprincess

I wrote a note about the pools not being heated at EPM, and as a result your honeymoon plans are going down the toilet. With all due respect, go with your gut instinct, and dont be swayed by every thread on here. I really hope you have a great honeymoon where ever you decide to go.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alternatives to EPM :(

Pools are not going to be heated anywhere in the Caribbean and I wouldn't worry about it too much. Here are your average temps in November:

Location/avg high/avg low

Cancun/84/72

Negril/85/75

Punta Cana/85/73

Not much difference from what I can see. I would worry more about the temps in late December, January and February.

If you are really concerned about the weather, pick something closer to the Equator like Aruba or Curacao. The problem is you are not going to find a lot of all inclusive resorts outside of Mexico, Jamaica or Dominican Republic - all which lie just south of the Tropic of Cancer. Or, you can look at the West side of Mexico. I was very close to honeymooning in Huatulco.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres
Recent Conversations