We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Premium Economy

Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
380 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Premium Economy

Hi, I wondered if any of you could tell me roughly what you paid to fly Thomas Cook Premium Economy and if it was worth the money.

For those of you who didnt, do you wish you had?

My fiance is 6ft2 and I'm worried about him not having enough leg room on the plane as all I can find in reviews are horror stories on this on Thomas Cook planes!

Thank you in advance.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

Normally around £500-600 per flight rtn

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

We paid £400 return for 2 people from manchester with thomson think prices are roughly the same worth it to us as hubby has long legs.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

Sheenangel, we're flying Thomas Cook Premium, cost about £250 each, I think it Is worth it for the Extra room on such a long flight, few more perks, especially the free bar!! LOL it's a nicer way to start the holiday!!

Jerry...

Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
380 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

Jerry - is that £250 return or one way?

Do you get much more leg room than in Economy?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

The perks to Premium class with TC are as follows:

3" extra leg room and wider seat (think it's about 2" wider);

larger seat-back TV with automatic upgrade giving larger choice of films (otherwise this costs £5 pp per way);

better food with cutlery;

free drinks during the flight inc glass of sparkling wine as you board;

newspapers and magasines;

priority/VIP check-in at dedicated desk and priority boarding;

10 kg extra luggage (25 kg checked plus 5 kg hand luggage as opposed to the standard allowance of 15 plus 5 kg)

IMO whether or not it's worth is really dependent on your own personal wants and needs. If you spend a lot on drink during a flight, are very tall or broad, or need extra luggage (which is otherwise charged at a hefty price of about £20 per kg return), then it may well be worth upgrading.

I have never upgraded before but did this year, only because we got a good deal of £100 per person extra by canceling and rebooking (as prices had fallen since we booked). I personally would not pay more than £150 pp to upgrade as to me it just wouldn't be worth it: I don't drink much when flying, I find the space adequate in economy, etc. So really it depends on whether the extras I've listed above are worth to you whatever they're charging for the upgrade.

glas scotland
Level Contributor
870 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

I dont think it is worth it,i am tall so we book the extra leg room seats, a lot cheaper.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

We have just booked for August and we paid an extra £210 each. Thomas Cook provide a much better premium than Thomson. We have been to Cancun twice, once with TC and once with T. They are totally different, TC was excellent all the way. TV's in back of seats, great movies and plenty of drinks. Last year with T, the TVs in the seats were broken on the flight out and coming back. On the flight back the front access to the plane was not in operation so we had to wait until everyone else had boarded till they allowed premium on. It was a real waste of money!

The plus side of premium is that you do get the extra leg room, more drinks and nice food. We have booked with TC again this year.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

Go on Sheenangel...SPLURGE!!! I think it's worth every penny, I also got 30kg luggage, hence my Huge list of things to take!! LOL

If a tight Yorkshireman can pay, I' m sure you could!!

Jerry...

P.s it was £250 each, return....go on....you know you want to!!

Wirral
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

Hi Sheenangel,

We always upgrade to Premium for all the reasons which others have already outlined. We haven't actually flown with TC and will be flying with T/FC again this July.

What I would say (as a precaution) is check that your transfer to EPM is a private transfer.

Friends of ours last September flew TC and their transfer turned out to be on a coach packed with others who were all being dropped off first in the Cancun Hotel Zone. They weren't expecting this as on their first visit to EPM they had a private transfer. This added another hour and half to their journey. It might have just been a "one off" but I think it's defo worth checking out.

Personally I can't think of anything worse after a 10 hour flight and having to make your way through customs.

Good Luck whatever you choose and I hope you get some clarity of your transfer from your agent.

kidderminster...
Level Contributor
50 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook Premium Economy

We paid each £250 or £275 each for the return trip.Well worth it from the moment we arrived at Manchester airport with one couple ahead of us at check in,the queue was very long at normal check in.We had stickers put on our passport to use fast track through customs if required.Started with pink champagne,newspaper on return.Drinks when required and very nice food,two hot meals.Found the seats roomy and all in all better than Virgin which is twice the price.We would defo do this again when we fly Thomas Cook.Luggage and you come off plane first.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres