We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

Suffolk
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

Hola everyone! Has anyone booked with Caribbean Collections or Caribbean Warehouse before? In the few times I've been on holiday I've always booked with a high street company (TC), but thought I may be able to save money if I booked on line this time.

For those who have used them, do they organise everything? Did you find it worth it? Did they inform the hotel about any special requests or is that left to you?

On the reverse of this - has anyone arranged their whole holiday themselves? How did that work out?

All thoughts and feedback gratefully received! xxxx

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

Hi SP, booked mine through Caribbean Collection, part of the Holiday Collection Group, like you I have slways used a big TA, usually FChoice. This company saved me approx £500 on the holiday itself, flight upgrade etc were about the same. I've got my tickets, everything in order, just have not heard of the transfer company - Jumbo Tours, but they do exist!! LOL

Jerry...

Suffolk
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

Thanks alot Jerry! Really helpful as always :)

Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
380 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

Hi - I have also booked through Caribbean Collection who were much cheaper than anyone else including Caribbean Warehouse.

They told me they were so cheap because they buy direct from the hotel and other tour operators buy from them, so by booking with CC, you are cutting out the middle man as it were.

They were very helpful and didnt just suggest the most expensive hotels. Someone in the room will have been to the resort you enquire about and will give you a first hand account of what they thought.

I spoke to a man called Colin - the guy sitting next to him had been to EPM and told me some very helpful things.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,389 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

We have use Caribbean Warehouse several times and never had a problem - in fact our next three trips are all booked through them

Personally, we would never use Caribbean Collections and if you PM me I will advise you why

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

Come on Flip....spill the beans on CC!!!

Jerry...

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

I think they undersell but I have no problem using them.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

Thanks everyone! I've spent the afternoon getting quotes and thought I'd let you know what I found (in case it helps for anyone's future trips!)......

HOLIDAY - 14 nts Nov/Dec at EPM, EC RTT. Flights & private transfers.

1. Self Booked (direct with hotel, airline etc) - £8,500

2. My local travel agent - £8,800

3. Caribbean Collection - £6,199

4. Caribbean Warehouse - £5,420

From what I've heard in general, Caribbean Warehouse is more reliable, with better service. Good price too!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

Brilliant savings SP!! Think I'll look at them next time round...EC RTT!! Fantastic!!

Thanks for the info you sent me Flip

Jerry...

Edited: 29 March 2010, 20:17
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

We have used Caribbean Warehouse (also under the name of Bluebay travel) 3 times now. In the past we always used TC but CW are much cheaper and they provide excellent service.

The first time using CW I was a little worried (not sure why!!). Will always use them in future.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Caribbean Collections/Caribbean Warehouse - reliable agents?

Jerry, when we arrived in Cancun last year (after booking through Bluebay), we were told that Jumbo travel would be waiting for us. I also searched on the net for them but could not find anything.

A private transfer was waiting for us at the airport, and when we met the Jumbo travel guide the next day at ERC he was great. I think that most of the travel reps for Jumbo are local and they provided an excellent service. Really could not fault them.

We went on the 'swimming with dolphins' trip (through Jumbo), it was an amazing experience. Have fun.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres