We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM questions

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
EPM questions

OK, I've been reading the reviews and my wife and I can't wait to go but we have a couple questions:

1. On the bike tour we saw two reviews that say there is a snake. This seems like a weird question, but my wife is deathly afraid of snakes. So, do you see the snake on every tour? Is the snake roaming the grounds freely?

2. Plugs: are they standard 120V plugs or do I need adapters?

3. Pools: Everyone says that the pools are freezing. We're supposed to go May 30-June 6. Anyone been to EPM during this time that can tell me if the pools will be warmer by then?

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
MI
Level Contributor
426 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EPM questions

The very large snake is unfortunately in a large glass enclosure. Don't think you need adapters, but I just used their hairdryer. Your pools will definitely be warm enough. We went to Puerto Vallarta in July, and their pools were TOO warm. RTT pools would be warm enough, too. I got in the RTT pool in Dec. and it was very refreshing. Have a great time.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EPM questions

1) covered above.

2) Standard 120v North american plugs in Mexico.

3) Pools will be warmed up nicely by end of May. For that matter by the end of April.

LTS

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EPM questions

I'm so glad you asked the question about the snake, I too am absolutely terrified of them. Don't think I even want to get near it in a glass enclosure.

Andree

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EPM questions

I am deathly afraid of snakes & I went on the bike ride. When they went to look at the snake I just stayed away. It was no issue at all

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EPM questions

- You do not need adaptors from the US

- We were there end of May and the main pool was too warm to be refreshing. Lazy river was better and Ocean was even better.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EPM questions

ERM-- we get there May 1st -- do you think the water will be nice? I don't like it cold. (Main pool)

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EPM questions

I think it's time for everyone to step back and have one of the "thankful" moments. Me and my wife do it occaisionally. We sit back and say "Imagine how lucky we are to be able to go on trips and enjoy the world". Thankful for all the things we have......... When you really think about how fortunate we all are... I don't think we should let the temp of the pools in this "beautiful resort" affect our vacations in any way!! Relax and enjoy!

I'm not being weird or anything but Just a thought!!

Do I hear a "Hell Ya"!!

Marc

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EPM questions

I don't know MB. Hopefully the water temp will be somewhere between 81.25 and 81.50F so everyone will be happy.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EPM questions

ERM-- I love to be happy!!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EPM questions

Good point Marc, we are lucky, the sun will be out, so the pools might feel a bit chilly but surely a welcome to cooling down from the hot sun. Couple of drinks and who cares! I don't know why everyone is so hung up about pool temperatures!

Andree