We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Those who have already been...

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Those who have already been...

Still 5 months and counting till our trip, but I am semi-addicted (OK, totally addicted) to reading everyone's reviews and comments on this site.

So tell me about the Beds on the beach, by the pools, Hammocks in the water.. are they really as nice as they look? And how crowded/popular are they? We are going near the end of September, if that helps.

Playa Mujeres Trips and Tours
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Scuba & Snorkeling
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,762 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Those who have already been...

Hi

September will come around quick enough

Yes all the beds and hammocks are as good as they look and there are more than enough of them to always get one somewhere. The most popular ones are those around the main pool area next to the swim up bar and they normally get booked up quite quickly in the morning before breakfast

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Those who have already been...

There are others who have far more history at EPM as we've only been here 4 days but I can tell you from what I've seen there are lots of lounging areas both by the main pool and in quieter areas to go around. The other day the resort was apparently at 90% occupancy and we still found a spot to lounge for the day. There are louning beds throughout the property by the lazy river and not only by the beach.

This is a beautiful property and you'll truly enjoy the experience.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,224 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Those who have already been...

We go down to the pool at about 6:45am to get our chairs by the main pool. At that time the beds are already taken. Prime real estate. The hammocks not so much. Most are available all day long.

Virginia
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Those who have already been...

My husband and I would go to the pool after breakfast (10 or so) and always got one of the covered king size lounge beds, but it was by the lazy river. When we wanted to hit the swim up bar we just swam over. The bed we claimed daily was right by a bar and the bartender would bring drinks to you. Ahhhhhhh heaven!!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Those who have already been...

Are most of the beds in the sun or are some shaded. Do people take a bed under the shade and chairs in the sun next to them. This is what happened at our hotel last year so there was soon a shortage of beds. I like to lay in the sun but my husband prefers some shade.

6. Re: Those who have already been...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2010, 06:20