We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disappointing

Alhama de Murcia...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Disappointing

We are just starting our second week at EPM and must say we are somewhat disappointed. Overall the place is good but not the best we've been to but there are quite a few "little" things that are getting tedious. The X box wasn't cleared for 4 days and wasn't until we reported it to the concierge in main reception, the food side has been ok but it does worry me that when I asked for no celery in a sandwich from room service to be told they are already made and they cant change anything. Also in the Mexican restaurant we asked for no squid in the starter and again was told that they couldn't as it already prepared. This doesn't sound like top class food.

The pool service drinks are a joke, we are in high rise 9 and the service is sporadic to say the least.

Towels in the room are changed every day but they do disappear and requests for additional towels to the club concierge do not get actioned.

Ia a not on holiday to have to chase for things, if the service is offered then it should happen without me asking for it. We upgraded to club in a swim out suite and it just isn't worth the extra.

Would we come again? Definitely not

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,777 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disappointing

Personally, I would not have left it four days to report the food in the X Box

However, that apart go to the front desk and either see the Head Concierge or better still ask to see Virginia the AGM and say about the problems you have had - they will be sorted

Some food such as starters will be made in advance but they should be able to make a new one off without a problem and the same with the sandwich

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disappointing

Thanks for your post, i'm getting a little worried. we are due to go in August and there seems to be a lot of issues with the hotel lately. Maybe they are under staffed? But you don't expect this after paying top class prices.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disappointing

Some things you just gotta roll with. If my xbox wasnt cleared then I would simply put the dishes out in the hallway...if I didn't have enough towels, I would find the maids and housekeeping cart and take them. Can't get no celery in something i.e. lobster salad because it is pre-made? Boo-freakin-hoo.

Lack of drink service - now that would bother me!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,777 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disappointing

As a footnote to what I said last night the starter I presume you were making reference to in the Agave would be the ceviche which has to be marinated for a minimum of 3 hours so has to be made in advance apart from the actual assemble into the taco basket

I would agree that the pool service at highrise #9 can be a bit spotty as it is is not used a used a lot for some unknown reason. What we did was to get our first drink from the Sol Bar and tell them we were a round at the pool and we never had a problem after that

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disappointing

"after paying top class prices"..........I'm not certain about this but I can't imagine paying "top class prices" for this resort in August. The prices I have seen for hurricane season are exceptionally low. Hopefully, you get what you pay for.......but for the prices the resort is offering you can't expect perfection and I would assume high occupancy due to price reduction... so

along with that price reduction you may not be pampered like you are accustomed but you didn't pay "top class prices" to receive that service.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disappointing

Yes - top class prices would be Grand Velas or the Ritz - where you'll pay $16 for a drink and $28 for your sandwich.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disappointing

Even with high reviews... you have to be realistic going in! That's all I have to say!

LTS

new jersey
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disappointing

No resort is going to be perfect for everyone. I have been to Excellence resorts over 10 times, returning to EPM in Oct. (4th visit) never had a problem....even the first week they opened. IMO I think this chain is the best.

Some foods need to to be prepared ahead of time. Some people just have expectations that just are unrealistic.

@2010cat...you have nothing to worry about..enjoy your vacation.

@ERM10..I agree with you also and have to say I love reading your posts you just crack me up. :0)

@Flip thanks for all of your wonderful posts and pics. Your description of the resorts are exactly they way I would of posted a review.

New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disappointing

I am sorry you are having such a disappointing experience. have you tried talking to the person flip suggested? I agree that I would not have waited to long for the Xbox to be cleaned out. If it wasn't emptied after the maid service cleaned...I would have put it out in the hall so they get the point.

I always try to keep in mind that the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Sometimes when you dont' get the answer you want, you need to go higher up on the food chain. For example...If you are allergic to squid and as long as the dish isn't something like ceviche...I don't see why they couldn't make a quick batch without it for you.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disappointing

I actually think that the squeaky wheel approach may be part of the problem. The staff is so busy doing special stuff for the louder people that the rest of us get lost in the shuffle. We are quiet go with the flow people which usually is appreciated and we have always had good service. I believe it is because we are polite and don't make a fuss but at EPM our service was less than stellar. I really don't want to start chasing people down and demanding service because after all we are on vacation. Stuff like this doesn't ruin our vacation but it does convince us to go to other places.