We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please give me info on epm

nj
Level Contributor
425 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
please give me info on epm

I am pretty easy to please...reviews that I have read seem pretty good.

We had a not so great trip to the riu palace back in 2005. I got so sick and the hotel and our room reaked of must...so much so that I had to wash our clothes quite a few times when we got back and our suit case needed lots of lysol and airing out.

That would be most important to me, clean rooms/resort and decent food/service.

Can I get that at epm?

Thanks.

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please give me info on epm

LOL..I just booked EPM for a week in sept. and my only previous experience with an all-inclusive was with Riu Palace. We felt the food and drinks at RPLA were very low shelf. After that trip, my wife and I figured we just were not cut out for AI's....

This forum seems to be dedicated to EPM info exclusively,with occasional info on La Amada located next door..

Checkout youtube for some really good videos of the rooms and resort itself...

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please give me info on epm

we are not AI people at all normally, and we LOVE EPM... we just booked 2 more weeks for August.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,213 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please give me info on epm

maggie....

Answer...... YES, you get all those things at EPM.

NJ
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please give me info on epm

I can't speak for the Palace, but you should be very happy at EPM - 92% 4 and 5 star reviews cannot be wrong, and I count myself in that group of very happy, soon-to-be-repeat, customers....

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please give me info on epm

EPM has a huge number of repeat guests which I think speaks volumes

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please give me info on epm

You are right Flip, EPM does have a huge number of repeat guests. I cannot wait to go back. 118 days and counting! :)

nj
Level Contributor
425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: please give me info on epm

Thanks, you are making me closer to going with this resort.

I am reading some reviews on the lack of a/c, moist sheets and musty odors in rooms. I will be sick as a dog as I suffer from allergies.

Please tell me this is a one off situation.

Thanks.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: please give me info on epm

We have stayed there a total of 6 weeks over the past three years and have never encountered a problem with any of those issues

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,213 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: please give me info on epm

Dear maggieq..... my husband and I have been to EPM three times, just got back 3 weeks ago, going back in September..... in all candor we cannot fathom what they are talking about. We have never experienced anything but cool, dry, very comfortable A/C..... never had a hint of a musty odor and the "moist sheets" thing is beyond me, again, I cannot even imagine what they are talking about. I predict, that If you choose EPM, you will have a wonderful time just like approximately 98.5% of everyone that goes there..... I can only surmise that the other 2.5% simply cannot be pleased with anything...... of course that's just our opinion. But if you take it to heart each time you read the odd bad review out of thousands of good ones, you will never go to ANY resort down there as they ALL have the same unhappy few..... AND you may just drive yourself nuts.

new jersey
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: please give me info on epm

maggie, I have to say that EPM is just fantastic! We have been to EPM 3 times now and returning for the 4th in October! EPM and ALL of their resorts are just fantastic. Witth regard to the damp sheet and air not working, IF someone experienced that I am thinking that they may not have closed their sliding door shut completely. The ac will not stay on in the room if the door is not tightly shut. (one room we had it had to be locked). They tell you this when they take you to the room. Either this may have happened or like others have said some people cannot be pleased. If someone were to mention that the ac was not working properly and that their sheets where damp, I assure you they would have addressed the issue. They truley do their best to make EVERYONE happy.... unfortunately sometimes some people will never be happy.