We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Water at EPM

Teaneck, New Jersey
9 posts
Save Topic
Drinking Water at EPM

Checking into EPM for the first time July 5th through the 12th! Can't wait.

I've had quite a few friends get sick while visiting Mexico, anyone run into problems with the food or drinking water at EPM? I would assume they filter the water that goes into ice, etc, but I'm not sure.

Should we just drink bottled water and other bottled beverages and avoid ice, or just not worry about it?

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

You'll be fine. The water and ice that is served in the restaurants and bars is all filtered and fine to drink. If you are still worried about it, ask for bottled water. This will be our 4th trip to Mexico and we have never gotten ill from drinking the filtered water. I do, however, recommend you use bottled water to brush your teeth and clean your toothbrush.

Teaneck, New Jersey
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

Thanks TwistofFate! Much appreciated.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

Please note all the bars have bottled water and your mini bar and room will be well stocked with it

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

EPM has its own water purification system so evrything that is washedor cooked in it is safe, and they serve purified AND bottled water at the restaurants.

5. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2010, 13:00
North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

Must agree with Bing. Always used tap water for brushing our teeth. Never even a burp.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

Better safe than sorry in my book

California
Level Contributor
444 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

I agree flip flop, we use only bottled water to brush our teeth. I do not want to miss one day of our vacation being sick and you just never know.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

Doesn't EPM bottle their own water? That was the impression that I got - I guess just because the labels didn't have any marking on them that indicated that they were produced by an outside company.

Some of the bottles were super hard to open. We actually wound up giving up on a bunch of them for that reason. :)

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinking Water at EPM

Well.... don't mean to be a stickler with facts, but..... it's pretty difficult to not drink the water, no matter how careful you may think you are, each time you wash your face, take a shower or dip into any of the pools, you drink the water, it doesn't matter if it's a few drops or a gallon, you're ingesting the water all day long. The pool water is regular tap water run through a "salt water" solution type filter, ALL the food stuffs, fruits, vegetables, glasses, silverware, etc, are washed with it, you're getting it into your system any way you look at it, I wouldn't worry very much about it, there's just about no way to avoid ingesting "some" of the water and again it doesn't matter if it's a few drops or a gallon.... just a thought to ponder.